Danger?

•Mike POV•
I know what we are.

The words repeated over and over in my head, like a broken record.

What does that mean?

Does she like me?

Does she hate me?

Does she think we're boyfriend and girlfriend?

There was only one way to find out, and that was to ask her to be my girlfriend. I told Nancy what I was planning so she took El out to get her nails done. Once me and the boys had everything planned out and set up, we waited.

About 10 minutes later, Nancy burst in the door and yelled "We're home!"

My heart beat faster as she walked down the steps to the basement. When she got to the bottom she smiled at me in my tux with a box of Eggos. I stood with one hand holding the Eggos and the other behind my back. I handed her the Eggos and took a deep breath.

"El? Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Her face lit up in excitement as she yelled "YES!"

She hugged me and I handed her the box I had been hiding behind my back.

•Eleven POV•
Mike opened the box to reveal a charm bracelet with 3 charms. One being a waffle, one being a bike, and lastly, a small silver heart with the initials M+E engraved into it. He helped me put it on and started blushing when I studied the bracelet fascinated.
*Time Skip*
It was Thursday, my third day at school since I missed Monday. I carried on my day, dreading 5th period. When it did come I sat in silence, waiting for the bell to ring. It went off and I sprinted out the door. I made it to the cafeteria for the first time and sat next to Mike, so happy I actually made it.

"Well you're awful happy today!" Mike said to me.

"I'm just happy I got here without Tr-"

I stopped myself, remembering I couldn't tell Mike.

"Without what?" Mike replied in confusion.

"Um... nothing."

He brushed it off and we continued talking until a massive shadow lingered over me. I swallowed and turned around to a smiling Troy.

"Oh no." I whispered to myself not loud enough for anybody to hear.

"Hey El! What are you doing? Remember we had to work on that project?"

He gave me a look warning me to keep quiet.

"Uh... right." I quietly replied.

I got up and slowly followed him out the door. When we got to the other side of the school he pulled me into the girls bathroom and locked the door. He shoved me to the tiled floor and kicked my side. He then took me and pushed me into a stall. I quickly locked the door so he couldn't get in.

"You can't hide in there forever weirdo."

He walked out and I waited, holding my side in pain. 10 minutes later I tried to leave but when I left the bathroom he had been waiting to trip me on my way out. I fell and he jumped on my ankle and leg. I screamed out in pain which was enough to make a teacher hear so he ran. I had never been in so much pain. And then everything went black.

•Mike POV•
El's eyes fluttered open.

"W-what happened?" She groggily said.

"I'm not sure. A teacher found you in the hall beaten up and barely awake."

She looked away and carefully shifted her body upwards. She looked down at her leg to see a white cast covering her entire leg.

"What is this?" She asked.

"It's a cast. Your leg is broken in like 4 spots so they put this on it to heal it."

She nodded and continued to look at it. She suddenly put her hands to her head and shut her eyes.

"Don't worry El, they said you hit your head bad so you got a concussion. But you'll be better soon."

She smiled through the pain and laid back with her eyes still closed. Eventually she drifted off to sleep so we left her there and planned to come back another day.

•Will POV•
*disclaimer before I start IM NOT DOING WILEVEN thanks!*
The next day everyone was busy so I decided to go check on El to see how she was doing. I had a gut feeling that she was lonely. Weird. When I arrived she looked at me and her face lit up.

"Hey El! I came to keep you company!"

She smiled and watched me take a seat on the end of the bed. Silence filled the room as I thought.

What is she thinking about?

She's definitely not ok.

"Are you ok El?" I asked her.

She looked up at me with a nervous expression and said

"Can I tell you something Will?".

•Eleven POV•
I finished telling Will about Troy and what has been happening at school. I told him how I got a concussion and how I broke my leg...or, how Troy broke my leg. He stared at me with wide eyes and his jaw dropped.

"Promise you won't tell the boys!"

He nodded but I could tell he didn't want to hide it from them. I felt bad for making him keep it from them but I couldn't let Mike find out.

"So uh, when are you getting out of here?" He asked me changing the subject.

"In a few days. They said I am a quick healer."

She put on a sad smile and looked down at her hands.

"El, don't worry about Troy. I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you."

She looked up at me and leaned in to hug me. I'm so happy I got to meet her.

*Time Skip*

•Mike POV•
Today was the day El was coming home. I had waited at the house while my mom went to pick her up. When I heard the car door shut I raced outside and she grinned at me, overjoyed. I raced over and hugged her as I said

"I missed you so much!"

She smiled and replied "I missed you too."

She was on crutches since she was strong enough so she hobbled into the house and down the steps. She plopped down on the couch and sighed taking in the room.

"El. Can I ask you something?"

She looked up at me in confusion and I continued.

"What has been going on lately? You've been acting weird lately and I'm worried."

She looked down, hiding the tears that had begun to form in her eyes.

"I... I can't tell you." She whimpered as she choked back her tears.

"Why not?" I asked as I sat next to her.

"We will be in danger if I do."

She looked up at me and I wiped the tear from her cheek and she lightly smiled.

Danger?

Yay this chapter is longer! Thank you so much for 200 reads! Ily all and I'm so happy you all like my book! Here's a chapter for you sorry I took a small break but I'm back!
-Ava