They're Back

•Eleven POV•
The Snowball. As soon as he left my room I ran to my closet to find the dress I would wear next Friday night. I had 5 days to prepare for the night I've been dreaming of for a year. I had acquired a taste for fashion, thanks to Nancy, so I had to make sure my outfit was perfect. I skimmed through all my clothes deciding they were too casual. Soon enough, Nancy was home and we were discussing what I would wear. "You should wear a red dress, red would make your eyes pop." I nod, taking in all the information she's giving me. "Let's go to the mall. You can show off your new outfit." She says looking at the new clothes I was wearing. We left for the mall to find my dress without telling Mike so he wouldn't see the dress before Friday.

•Mike POV•
El and Nancy had gone out, which gave me one to figure out what I was gonna do the day of the snowball. I called the boys over and within a few minutes, they filed through the door and made their way over to where I was sitting. "I asked El to the Snowball." As soon as I said that, three smiles covered their faces letting a few laughs escape. I rolled my eyes and continued. "I don't know what I want to get her for a present. I wanted to get her something but I am just stumped." The three thought until Wills eyes lit up and he smiled. "Oh! Get her a bracelet! She has been talking about wanting new jewelry just as much as she talks about Mike!" I felt my face turn a bright red as the other two looked at me. "How did you know all that Will?" Lucas exclaimed. Oh that's right, they don't know. We sat and explained how Will and El are connected because of the upside down and once they understood, we dropped the subject and began to plan out what Els bracelet would look like.

•Lucas POV•
We had finished the design for the bracelet and started a game of D&D when we heard El and Nancy giggling upstairs. Mike rushed to hide the designs for his present and then smoothly made his way back to his original spot. The soft patter of her feet coming down the stairs made us all turn to see her in a romantic-bubbly trance, smiling ear to ear. She skipped past us to couch while saying her usual "hey guys!" and quickly patting Mike on the head. She plopped down and fell back into her daydream again. We all stared at her until Will turned around with wide eyes and a big grin on his face. He made a heart with his hands and then pointed to Mike which made El reply "Will get out of my head." We all laughed and continued our game. For once, it had seemed like nothing was going to stop us from living our normal lives. It was great.

•Eleven POV•
The boys left and just Mike and I remained. I leapt up from the couch as soon as the door closed behind the three times of them. "Excited for Friday?" He asked slightly giggling at my eagerness. I nodded in reply as he pulled me into a tight hug. Nothing could ruin how perfect everything felt. "It's getting late so we should get to bed." He continued pulling me up the stairs as I groaned jokingly. "I'm too excited to sleep." I replied when we got to his room. "Well you still have 5 more days filled with boring school so think about that to get your mind off of it." He gave me a quick hug and said goodnight as I made my way to my bedroom. When I closed my eyes and entered the dream, I saw Will sitting against a tree deep in thought. I ran over to him and sat next to him, making him look up. "Oh hey El!" I grinned and he looked down, as if he was hiding something. "You ok?" I questioned him. "Uh, no." He swallowed and continued. "On the way home tonight, I saw a car from Hawkins." My heart dropped and my jaw dropped. "Are you sure it was from that...place?" He nodded in response and we both looked down at our knees. "If they find me-" "They won't. I won't let them. Mike won't let them." He cut me off and I smiled back at him. It's great to be back with my friends, but I don't think I'll be around for much longer.

•Mike POV•
Monday morning I walked into El's room to wake her up for school. I made my way over to her when I realized her face was covered in sweat and she was breathing heavily. "El?" I slightly shook her. She jolted up into a fetal position and began to cry. "El it's ok!" I pulled her into a tight hug as she sobbed into my shoulder. "They're back." She said into my shoulder, muffling the words. "Who?" "The bad men. Will saw one of their cars on his way home... last night." She lifted her head and looked into my eyes. "We should get ready." I said and she nodded getting up and motioning me out of the room. That night I thought about everything that had just happened. Were they really back?

Omg! I'm so sorry this chapter is a lot shorter but I needed to set up for the next chapter. Also OMG 700 READS! TYSM!
-Ava