Our Promise

•Mike POV•
I opened the door to an anxious Will.

"Uh, hey Mike. Could I talk with you and El?"

I nodded and he sat on the couch while I got El. I knocked on her bedroom door and waited for her to say

"come in!"

I walked into he guest room, well her room, that was now painted a pale pink with a queen bed with white sheets and light grey decorative pillows on the left wall, a white desk and grey puffy chair in between the two windows on the back wall, a white dresser with makeup being stored on top across from the bed, a full closet, white night stands in either side of the bed, a full length mirror next to the door, and the walls covered in pictures of me, her, my family, and the guys. She was so happy with how the room was. It was finally something she could call hers. I look to her, looking at herself in the mirror while twirling around on the fluffy white circle carpet that covered the floor. I laughed as she twirled and she looked to me with a grin.

"Do you like it?"

She showcased her new outfit that Nancy bought her. She wore a pair of skinny jeans with a long sleeve pastel yellow t shirt, a white and navy blue knit scarf, and white sneakers. She had stopped wearing her wig since her hair was growing out.

"Yea! Hey Will wants to talk he's waiting in the basement."

Her eyes widened at his name and she became flustered.

"Yea, uh.. sure!" I gave her a confused look and we headed down to the basement to see Will pacing around the room.

"Hey Will!"

I said a bit louder to get his attention.

"El, did you-"

"have a dream last night? Yea."

She replied. They both just kinda looked at each other while I looked back and forth at them.

"Dream?"

I question and they both snap out of it and turn to me.

"Mike, Will and I are connected."

She says while giving me a nervous look. I swallowed and continued

"Connected?"

We sat on the couch while they explained to me what had been happening since we saved her from the lab.

"So, you don't know how? You just know that you are?"

I questioned and they both nodded.

"Well, I might have an idea..."

El started and we looked to her.

"Before the lab, Papa saved me from the upside down. Maybe it's because we both went to the upside down?"

We both contemplated it and came to an agreement that it had to do something with that. It's not like they're related, right? They both suddenly became very quiet and sick looking. Before I knew it they were both running for the bathroom.

•Will POV•
I feel a slug move up my throat and I look to El who also has a troubled expression on her face. We both get up and sprint to the bathroom, leaving the door open. El is kneeling in front of the toilet and I'm at the sink. I shift my eyes to her and see slug after slug exit her mouth. When she's done she falls back hitting the wall as she cries. I kneel next to her and wrap her in my arms as I whisper softly to her.

"It's over. We are ok."

When I pull out from the hug I look up to see Mike staring at the toilet.

"I forgot about the slugs." He says quietly.

El pushes herself off the ground and pulls Mike into a strong embrace.

"Will, are you ok?"

Mike said holding El's hand.

"Yea, just tired. I'm glad we figured out the dreams. Bye Mike. Bye El."

I replied as I made my way out the door.

•Eleven POV•
That wasn't fun. Not only am I coughing up slugs but the bleeding came back like Nancy said. I hadn't been as moody with Mike but I still get annoyed. He had been telling me about something called Christmas and it made me happy cause Mike said you get presents. Anyway, after Will left we went up to my room and sat on my bed.

"El, you should get some rest."

He said starting to get off the end of the bed.

"No. I want to be with you."

I replied sitting up a bit more. "I'm sorry for being mean to you when I... bleed. I just can't help it." He grabbed my hand and said "El, I understand! You don't need to be sorry." He moved in and kissed my cheek. I grinned at him and he grinned back. We sat there for a while just staring until we heard a knock at the door. Nancy entered and immediately giggled when she saw we were still holding hands. We both quickly moved away and started to blush. "Hey El, I'm taking Holly to a friends for mom. Just let me know if anything happens when I get back." I nodded and looked to Holly, eagerly squirming around in Nancy's arms. I smiled and waved to them as she closed the door. "Hey El?" I turned to him and he continued. "Did you remember the snowball?" I felt my eyes widen as I nodded and observed the setting around us. The sunlight perfectly fell on the floor and all the furniture around it as it peeked through the cracked open blinds. Small dust particles were seen where the light came through making it seem magical. The lights in my room were on a low setting, making the room feel cozy and welcoming. Then there was Mike, the one who had come in the room and set up the blinds and the lights to make it perfect for me. I nodded in response to his question after finally realizing what was about to happen. He lightly got up and moved to grab the rose he had placed on the dresser. He returned to his spot and handed me the flower. "Do you wanna go with me?" I couldn't contain the smile on my face as I nodded, letting out a small laugh. His face lit up as he embraced me in a hug. We both got to keep our promise.

Wow long time no update! Sorry I've been so busy but here you go! Ly all see you in the next chapter!
-Ava