Girl Talk

•Eleven POV•
When I woke up I still didn't feel good. It was dark so I went upstairs to find everyone eating dinner already.

"Oh El sweetie come join us!" Mrs. Wheeler said.

I took my seat next to Mike and he gave me a smile. When we all finished Mike and I went down to the basement and just talked. I wanna kiss him so bad. When I was about to do something, the doorbell rang. He looked down at his watch

"8:30. I wonder who's here?" He said.

"Mike! Someone's here for you!" Mrs. Wheeler called down to us.

He ran up the stairs as he said "I'll be right back!"

I heard him talking to someone so I went to the top of the stairs to see who it was. When I peeked around the corner, a pit grew in my stomach. I don't know what I was feeling but I felt angry. It was a girl from school who had been talking to Mike. When she smiled and laughed that's when I got really angry. Immediately I ran down the stairs and went into my fort.

I sat there, tears streaming down my face waiting for Mike to return. When he came down and saw my face he went from smiling to frowning as he rushed to my side.

"El what's wrong?"

"Who was t-that girl?" I spit at him.

"She's just a girl from school. She's in one of my classes."

I fumed with anger. There was a silence and he broke it by saying

"You don't have to worry about her El, she won't come between us!"

"How am I supposed to know that?" I replied.

At that I stomped up the stairs to Nancy's room. He called after me but I ignored him. I needed to know what I was feeling. Every little thing bothered me. I couldn't take it.

•Mike POV•
What just happened? She had been acting weird lately, not like herself. Did she hate me?

•Nancy POV•
I was on the phone with Steve when I heard a knock on my door. I hung up and opened it to a distressed Eleven. Her cheeks were stained with tears and she looked mad.

"I need help." She stated as I walked her in.

"I have been f-feeling weird l-lately. With my e-emotions." She choked out.

"What do you mean?" I said as she looked at her feet.

"Everything M-Mike says or d-does. It makes me feel...weird. Like mad b-but different."

She stuttered, confused at her own words.

"Like what?"

"Like, talking to girls" she said shamefully.

"Are you jealous?"

"J-ea-lous?"

She was confused.

"It's when you are mad because someone else is getting something you aren't, or you feel like you deserve it more than them." I said calmly.

She looked up at me then back at her feet and continued.

"Yea that but other things too. Everything just s-seems to... annoy me lately."