•Hungry•

Chapter 20•

I wake up heaving. It's as if my chest is on fire and I'm burning from the inside out. My sudden movement and noise wakes Anna up and she moves towards the light to turn it on.

"What's wrong Jude?" She panics. I look at her and feel my eyes changing color. The sudden urge to tear into her appears in my mind and I get scared.

"Get out! Leave. Lock the door. Run to you're room and lock it." My canines tear out through my gums and my nails grow out. I feel myself shift into my wolf.

"Run Anna!" She nods and runs out of the bedroom. I grab onto the bed to stop myself from going after her.

Calm down. What the hell are you doing??

I'm hungry.

That's all I hear from my wolf before it all goes black and he takes over.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Oh God... I don't remember a thing...

I look around at the mess of dead bodies and I stop myself from panicking. "This... can't be happened..." I run my fingers through my hair but stop when I feel something in it. I grab it and my breath stops.

I throw the chunk of human skin on the ground and I begin to sob. "Calm down. Calm down."

Why is this happening? My wolf has never done this! No wolf unless they've gone savage have done something like this. I know for a fact I haven't gone savage. And a wolf only goes savage if they're rogues or their mate die...s...

No but that's not possible either. Cedric isn't dead. "Dammit!"

After I clean this mess up I need to talk to Wayne about what happened. This isn't right. I thought I already payed the price for the spell.

I look at anything that can tell me where I am. The only thing I see is faint light and I hear cars driving so my guess is that I'm by a freeway.

I'm going to have to leave these corpses alone. I can't risk touching them in human form. Shit, four corpses? It looks like they were just a bunch of high school kids kicking back in the woods. With beer and pizza, and a burning bonfire. I had no right to end their lives. My wolf had no right. God dammit. No right at all.

I take a deep breath and shift into my wolf. This time I'm completely conscious. I smell my surroundings and I make my way back to the city. That area didn't smell like any pack territory so I won't have any packs coming after me for what I did.

Once I reach the city I shift back into human form. I look down at myself and I'm half naked and covered in blood. I can't stay in wolf form but I can't go around covered in blood and with barely any clothes on.

I look for a pay phone and find one in a park. Oh but great I don't have quarters... my eyes land on a water fountain and run to it. I reach in and take out a handful of change. This is low but you have to do what you have to do.

"Anna!" I yell into the phone.

"Dammit Jude I'm not hearing impaired."

"Sorry look I need you to pick me up."

"L-O-L." She hangs up before I even get to tell her where I am. So I call again but she doesn't answer.

I frown and give up. I groan and place my head in between my knees.

"Don't you look miserable." My head whips up and a smile spreads on my face. I stand up and hug Anna as hard as possible.