III

i took my relaxing bath and got out to briefly dry myself with a towel and then put on my clothes, letting myself air dry.

i couldn't help but think about what i found in petes room. my mind physically could not let go of the thought, my curiosity trying to get the better of me again.

pete had only been gone for 30 minutes as it was only 6:34 p.m. that's when i decided that he would be on this date for a little while longer.

i quickly went back into petes room and without thinking, grabbed the sticky note from the convoyed screen and ran into my room like a kid trying not to get caught by his parents.

my shaky hand closed the door behind me and then i sat down at the desk of my computer, studying the small yellow note carefully. the code written on it was labeled "IP", as i assumed it was the ip address to something

with hesitation i turned on my computer to hear the little tune it plays every time and its monitor and opened up google chrome, thinking i was looking up a website.

i felt very tense as i typed in the rather long and confusing ip address. what was this leading me to? what did it mean.

regret filled me with every key i pressed, not knowing what was waiting for me on the other side of this address.

when i clicked the final key, i forced myself to press enter as my interest had the upper hand in my control.

and once i did, my computer was loading something up, but freezes at the last second. right before that blue loading at could reach the end.

"what the...?" i whispered to myself, hitting my computer lightly hoping it would trigger it.

nothing.

i hit the monitor, thinking it could have been glitching.

nothing.

i sat there staring at the screen for about 2 minutes, until i was almost ready to give up, assuming my computer had unexpectedly crashed for no reason.

i was growing impatient, ready to turn off my minuet as i reached for the button with my right hand.

and that's when my computer turned black. the screen shut off without me telling it to. i wasn't even close to the button.

confusion grew as i didn't know what just happened. i couldn't find a logical explanation for what i did but i assumed it had died or something.

i was ready to get up from my desk when all of a second the sound of my computer booting up played, louder than usual.

the screen lit up again to the same screen it has shut off on, except the blue bar finally reached the end. and that's when my computer screen divulged to red screen, and a loud and teeth grinding static sound roared from my monitor.

i jumped back in my chair in shock, closing my ears tightly with my hands as i shut my eyes as to not look. as sudden as it began, the noise stopped.

i slowly lifted my head back up to see a different screen, a black desktop that had weird apps on it. and there was a message that popped up, similar to a computer reminder message that read,

"welcome, joshua.
it's nice to meet you."