IX

the hitman was ordered with a notification popping up on my desktop confirming it. i fell to floor, now in tears. my body curled into a fetal position and i burned my face into my knees.

all i could do was cry and accept my death. there was no way to get myself out of this. but there was something really sad about all this which is the fact that;

i don't want to die.

there was silence, all you could hear was me crying to myself in my room, anticipating death at any given moment. it was like this for what seemed like a few minutes, until i heard a message appear on my desktop through the notification.

the last thing i wanted to see was razs messages, and the second to last thing i wanted him to see was hi winning and laughing at my loss, and his sick victory.

the message notification kept going off, if it was raz, i  didn't see why he would constantly message me when he knew i was gonna die because of him. so that's when things didn't seem right.

i decided to check, i slowly stood up and rubbed my eyes, i saw the messages weren't written in razs letters or font, it was anns.

"joshua i don't know
how that happened.
i am so sorry."

this is where i started questioning everything. how did all of this happen? if ann was guarding my systems, how did raz get in without her knowing?

also, what is ann? i think i've gotten used to the fact that she was a computer system, but last time i checked, files don't have feelings. and ann happens feel sorry right now.

nonetheless, my mind wasn't clear enough to ask her these questions. out all the things i could have said it i done, i weakly as softly sobbed,
"i'm gonna die." while i clenched my eyes shut and tears rolled down my cheeks.

"you are not
going to die,
joshua."

as soon as i finished reading a message, i heard a patterned knock at my front door, causing my whole body to freeze and my heart to skip dozens of beats.

my mind went to the worst place, thinking that he was already here, and he just wanted to make a cute entrance before slitting my throat.

"doors open," i sobbed, "just kill me already!"
nothing happened, the door didn't open and no one came in the house. part of me was relived, while the other half of me wanted to get it over with.

with having to surpass a lot of hesitation, i managed to drag myself down the stairs and to my front door. my hand shakily reached for the doorknob and as soon as i fully gripped it, i swung the door open to find nobody on the other side.

all there was, was a package.

i quickly took the rather large and heavy package from outside and brought it in, making sure to actually lock the door behind me this time.

i carried the package upstairs to my room and placed it on the desk next to my keyboard, a message from ann popping up immediately,

"who is it
from?"

"i'm not sure," i sniffled, examining the package on the outside, "there's no return address or name. it just says it's for me."

"that's odd.
can you show me
the package,
joshua?"

her request confused me, but i soon realized the only way she saw me this whole time was through my webcam. so i showed ann the front of the box that had "for joshua" on it followed by a bunch of numbers that were in the place of where the return address and name should be.

"i will try
and decode it,
for now carefully
check it for it's
contents."

i nodded, taking out my little pocket knife from my desks drawer and cutting the tape that held the opening shut. once i was through, i carefully lifted the cardboard flats over, being on edge the whole time as i moved away with every little thing i did.

the inside of the package was soon revealed, and my jaw had never dropped so low before, and neither did my stomach into it's own pit.

there were 3 pistols, a larger gun that looked to have a scope on it, followed by 5 small boxes of bullets for both types of guns and silencers. i was in complete utter shock as i then found 3 absurdly sharp knives that ranged from a small a medium and a large one.

at the bottom of the box, there was a note taped to it that read,

"i wAnT
blOOdShEd !!!
gOod lUcK,
joShUa !!!
-raz"

my tears were gone now, there was nothing to cry about. now all that was left to feel was confused, with hints of fear mixed in with it.

i looked back up to my desktop to find ann had discovered the same thing on just who sent me the lovely gift,

"it's from raz,
what did he
send you?"

"guns and knives," i responded blankly, "i don't get what he's trying to do here."

"he wants to
see you fight back
an expert hitman.
he's playing a
game between
the two of you,
joshua."

there was so much wrong with everything happening, the only time i've shot a gun was with my dad when he took me hunting once, and i nearly fell on my ass from the impact. to be fair, i was 12, but i'm not sure if this'll be any different.

another message from ann popped up on my monitor,

"joshua, on the
hitman confirmation notification,
there was a series of numbers,
can you repeat to me
what the numbers were?"

i moved her message over with my mouse and took a look back at the notification and said the following numbers out loud for ann,
"8957567374, why?"

there was no response from ann, i assumed she was working her "deep-web magic" on the numbers, so i stood there and waited, just staring down at new presents from raz.

after what seemed like an eternity, ann finally came back and sent a message,

"i have to
hand it to
raz, he may
be an evil bastard,
but this hitman
is no joke."

my heartbeat began to increase, the mix of worry and fear came back to me, and they came back strong,
"why? who is this guy?"

"this hitman
is non other than
the notorious
tyler joseph."