XLI

jenna and i, as quickly as we could, made our over to where brendon was kneeling down the floor, looking down at tyler. there corpses surrounding him, but when he finally came into view, my heart stopped.

there were two horizontal cuts on both of his cheeks, plus bruising on his cheeks and an already forming black eye. his lip was cut from the side and there was some blood coming out from his mouth.

and yet, these weren't the worst of his injuries.

we looked down to see a knife impaled into his right leg, it was in the middle region of his thigh. jenna gasped as she got down beside brendon to further look at the injury.

i then saw tyler look at me from the floor, his eyes were filled with pain, yet he still was able to glue a small smile onto his lips. i weakly smiled back, trying not to cry again, as i knew it would only make the situation worse.

"heyyyy josh," his voice was frail and broken from trauma and pain, "looks like i'm still a good shot with one hand." he tried to joke, but i was confused as to what he was talking about.

i looked over at jenna who was already awaiting eye contact with me, and i gave her the same puzzled look, "he... he saved your life," jenna repressed her tears, "he used his last two bullets to kill the guy choking you."

my blood ran cold when i looked back down to tyler, who was still smiling, yet i noticed a tear escape his good eye. this was my fault. he used the last of what he had to save me, but it then left him just as defenseless as i was.

"y-you... you didn't ha--"

"don't pull that crap, josh," tyler feebly dismissed, "i couldn't have you die on me... a knife in the leg is nothing compared to letting you die."

jenna then continued examining his wound, but i couldn't help but start to tear up again, knowing that i'm the cause of all the pain he's inducing at this very moment, he could have saved himself, instead he wasted two bullets on me.

he should've let me die.

"but ty... your leg--"

"my leg... it'll heal, but the pain of losing you... that would be permanent, jishwa." now i was crying, there was no masking it either.

my vision was blurred from tears, but i could see tyler frailly hold out his hand, "c'mere." he smiled, and i didn't hesitate to do it. i slowly went knelt down hand held his hand, and i could immediately his shaky it was, he was clearly still in shock and terrified.

his lip quivered, and his eyes were watery as well. i could finally read them, now. they were filled with regret, suffering, emotion, and just about every synonym that correlated to fear.

jenna sniffled and spoke up again, "your leg... it's... it's not fatal, yet," she started off my saying, "i can't take the knife out right here, right now, coz you'll bleed to death... but just try not to put a lot heavy weight on it if you stand," she instructed, "you'll make it worse if you do."

tyler nodded, his breathing was shaky too, brendon and jenna then helped him up while i was holding his hand for support. they got him up after a few tries, and he was able to stand on his own, while balancing most of his weight onto his good leg.

when all of were not standing, staring at all the dead bodies around the room, that's when raz spoke up again, his voice now sounding deeper, more menacing, and he definitely wasn't happy.

"NO NO NO NO NO," he exclaimed, "YOU RUINED OUR FUN." brendon scoffed and stuck out his middle finger, turning to every corner of the room, "y'aren't so tough now are ya?"

raz didn't verbally answer, but it was clear how enraged he was when the metal door brendon forced open was then shut again, crushing the crowbar that supported the opening.

i jumped in my own skin, now paranoid and terrified of everything around me. jenna and i proceeded to look at each other with worry, as we now had no way out and raz wasn't too happy.

but brendon still looked confident in himself, and tyler looked more determined than anything, despite his injuries.

are these guys just asking to get killed?

"look," jenna shakily spoke up, "c-can we just get ashley back?" brendon shot jenna a weird look, and immediately after he did so, raz spoke up again.

"SURE JEN-JEN! ANYTHING FOR YOU!! I JUST HAVE ONE CONDITION!!!" he announced, sending everyone into confusion.

"which is what?" brendon asked, he clearly wasn't buying anything raz was selling. there was silence for a few seconds, it was deadly as tension flooded the atmosphere around us.

"ONLY 3 OF YOU CAN BE LEFT ALIVE BEFORE I OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!"