XL

tw: gun violence, strangulation, and suicidal thoughts.

our backs now against the wall as we stared at the precipice of our death. the figures stood there a few seconds after raz spoke, but they soon began their march towards us.

there were about 4 after jenna as they cornered her to one end of the room, while 8 went for tyler, so there was still another one left, and of course he was the one with the biggest knife.

he started charging towards me, and that's when i realized i left my gun in the car, having no weapon at all for defense. i was pinned up against the wall when he decided to swing a punch at me.

i grabbed his gloved-hand with my own to block it, only to realize the black leather gloves he had on had sharp spikes on the knuckles. a surge of pain when through me as i quickly let go of his hand and groaned in pain, now looking at my pierced and bleeding skin.

there was nothing i could do about it, since as soon as i looked up at the figure, he threw his knife to the ground, then he grabbed me from my neck, and proceeded to lift me off the ground by it. he started to choke me as both of his hands locked around my throat.

i tried desperately to fight back, trying to grab him, kick him, and for some reason i tried screaming for help in the process. nothing was working.

my eyes began to water and i could feel a sharp and agonizing knot build up in the throat from losing so much oxygen and not began able to breath any more in. i could feel myself start to cry from how bad it was burning, but all i could do was watch as he was strangling the life out of me.

the sound around me started to muffle, the gunshots, the talking, raz laughing in the background, all of it wasn't as clear anymore, same went for my vision.

it astonished me how long my body kept going, kept trying to fight it, but i knew it was no use. all i could feel was pain, i was longing for the numbness to take over, but nothing was happening.

i wanted him to kill me already.

i shut my eyes and awaited death, practically greeting it already as now my vision and hearing were impaired. i thought i could start to taste blood come up my throat, that was all i could do now. death wasn't coming quickly enough. i want him to finish me off.

please finish me off.

just when i thought it was over, just when i thought he was about to end me, i heard jenna scream something, it was muffled and i couldn't make out any of it, but she sounded desperate and in a panic.

a few seconds after she did so, i heard a gunshot fire, and the sound traveled so it was right next to me. from what it sounded like, i thought someone had shot me and just took pain out of the equation.

but when i opened my teary eyes again, i felt the man who was desperately trying to kill me start loosening his grip, and then when the second gun shot fired, his grip was now gone, and i fell to the ground on my butt, now in a mix of gasping for air and crying.

my throat still burned terribly, it felt as if i just ran a marathon and didn't stop to breath at all, just imagine that, but ten times worse. when i finally opened my eyes again i saw the man who was trying to kill me now dead on the floor, blood pouring from his head.

i turned my head to the left to see a bunch of them on tyler, some repeatedly kicking him while he was on the ground and some were punching him like mad. i couldn't do anything, i knew i couldn't, one more misstep and i was dead.

i didn't have the heart to turn the other way to see what was happening with jenna, her screaming from the only thing audible from my almost muted hearing. i knew i wouldn't be able to help her either.

out of nowhere, i began to hear the sound of metal scraping against metal, creating that awful screeching noise that makes you wanna grind your teeth. as my vision was slowly beginning to repair itself, i saw brendon using a crowbar to open the door that trapped us in here.

he slid his way in through the small gap he made and the wildly began to shoot with his ak-47 gun, or at least i think that's what it was. he shot beyond my vision from where i refused to look and he shot all the guys that were on tyler.

after seconds of bullets firing everywhere, it abruptly stopped, and i saw brendon standing there proudly, and while out of breath he cheered, "yEAH RAZ," he looked around at all the corpses, "HOW'D YOU'D YOU LIKE THEM APPLES, BITCH?"

though raz stayed silent, brendon's eyes widened when he saw me. he ran over and slid down onto his knees to get on my level. he lightly began slapping my face in a panic, "josh?! josh?! you alright?! can you hear me?!"

i weakly brought my hands up to my face and rubbed my eyes to better clear my vision to see a worried brendon siting next to me, "y-yeah, i think..." i coughed out, in which he then sighed a breath of relief.

brendon helped me up from off the floor, and i was still kind of wobbly on my feet, but managed to stand up after a few attempts. after helping me, he then ran over to jenna who was laying on the floor, with her hands covering her face.

"jen?! you alright?!" brendon got down next to her, she took her hands off her face to reveal a bump on her forehead, and a small horizontal slit that was on the top left cheek, just below her eye. though it didn't look fatal, there was still a small amount of blood coming out of it.

she slowly nodded and opened her eyes to reveal how glassy and red they were, making the blue of them really stand out. brendon helped her up and she immediately ran over and hugged me while brendon went to check on tyler.

"i'm so sorry," she cried into my shoulder, "i'm so sorry, josh." the pain and worry in her voice was heart breaking, and i couldn't help but feel my eyes shed tears along with hers.

we let go of the hug and i saw the waterfalls come from her eyes, no matter how hard she tired wiping them away. through sniffling i managed to ask, "a-are you okay?" my voice filled with emotion.

she quickly nodded, "it could have been a lot worse for me ," she optimized, "are you okay?!" i thought it would be answer with a simple 'yes', but for some reason i decided to pour out just heart right then and there.

i choked on my own tears, "i-i thought it was end..." now the waterworks were flowing, which made them cry harder too as we hugged again, trying to comfort each other with what just happened.

after a few more seconds of this, we heard brendon speak up from where he was with tyler,
"hey uh- guys... we have a problem here..."