XLVII

tw: severe wounds, and blood.

brendon, jenna, ashley, and i looked at each other in confusion of what just happened. if he was that strong to begin with, why'd he let brendon pin him down?

and why did he leave the door open?

with that in mind, we still had a lot of problems on our hands. tyler was passed out and we didn't know where sarah and dallon were, the list just kept on going.

"i guess we should just... carry ty back to the car and then look for dal and sarah?" jenna suggested a plan, in which everyone seemed to agree with as it was the only one on the table.

ashley helped jenna as best she could to drag tyler out of the room and into the main area, while brendon stayed alert with his gun and newly stolen bullets.

i wanted to be sure tyler was okay, so i was prepared to stay in help, but realizing brendon would be alone in the rescue mission, i went with him instead. when we were about to search the upstairs, we saw sarah slowly making her way down it, looking mortified.

when she reached the bottom, brendon ran up to her and hugged her, yet her facial expression still didn't change, something was seriously wrong.

i ran up to the both of them just in time for them to stop hugging, brendon then asked her,
"hey so-- uh, where's dal?"

sarah didn't say anything for a few minutes, which only left brendon and i in a state of worry. before she even had the chance to say anything, that's when brendon starting assuming the worst.

"is he..?"

we all knew what the last word of the question was, but sarah still didn't respond. that's when brendon quickly bolted up the stairs and sarah followed behind him telling him to wait. i quickly trailed behind the both of them.

once up, there was an open space followed by a corridor down the right. brendon tried desperately to open the doors in the main area, but to no avail as they were all locked.

sarah tried pleading for him to listen, but he didn't listen. he then ran down the long corridor and opened the first door he saw, which happened to be unlocked. i was a little behind the both of them, but i could see brendons jaw has dropped before he ran into the room.

i ran after them and once i got to the open door of the control room dallon and sarah were originally in, i saw something i wish i would've never seen. it was dallon, but dallon wasn't looking too good. my heart dropped, and my blood ran cold at the sight of it of what was in said control room.

there was a knife plunged into his side, not to mention all the stab wounds bleeding out from his stomach area. there was a small bit of blood dripping from his mouth, it astonished me to know he was somehow still alive.

brendon went down on his knees beside where he was laying on the ground. he was balling his eyes out while dallon could barely keep his open, but judging from how bloodshot his eyes were, he has been doing a lot of crying, making him exhausted.

sarah stood a few feet away from the scene, now crying as her hands covered her mouth. why was she trying to keep brendon away from this? what was she hiding?

dallon coughed, which then lead him to moan in pain, from the amount of wounds inflicted on him. he looked up at brendon who was holding his hand,
"b-bren...?"

"y-yeah," brendon snuffled, "it's okay, it's okay, i'm here." a few more tears rolled down his cheek as he looked at dallons wounds.

dallon took a short and painful breath, "i'm... i'm gonna die." his voice was weak, and flooded with exasperated agony he had went through, and was still going through.

"NO," brendon immediately dismissed, "y-you're gonna live-- you have to, okay?" brendon started crying again as dallon only seemed to be getting weaker by the second.

"w-we need to get jenna--"

"i'll go," sarah interrupted my suggestion and ran out of the room to do as she said. brendon stayed with dallon the whole time, holding his hand like his life depended on it.

"is... is everyone alright?" dallon wondered, his voice feeble. brendon quickly nodded, "everyone's alright, you're gonna be just fine, dal. please don't let go." brendon pleaded, as if it was up to dallon.

dallon chuckled breathlessly, "i wish it was up to me."

just after he said this, sarah ran back in with jenna. her bright blue eyes widened at the sight of dallon. she went down like brendon did, except she was closer to his stomach area.

"w-what happened?!" jenna asked in a frenzy, but nobody could come up with a logical response. that's when dallons eyes shifted over to sarah, who was still standing a little ways away from us.

she was staring at the ground to avoid eye contact with dallon, in which he took notice, his fragile voice then spoke up, "why can't you look me in the eye, sarah?" this question sounded sarcastic, almost rhetorical.

but nevertheless, no one really took notice of it. instead, jenna tried to work on dallon as best she could. she lifted his shirt to reveal the 3 stab wounds, not counting the forth that still had a knife in it.

dallon kept whining in pain, which only seemed to break brendon even more. all of me wished i could help, to do something. i felt so useless in this situation, i couldn't medically help, let alone emotionally keep dallon stable.

i was so worthless just watching it happen.

my pessimistic thoughts and everything else came to a halt when abruptly, all the lights turned red and an alarm started blaring in the room and from every other speaker. that was until a low, deep, and gravelly voice spoke over the alarms on the speakers, and the only two words it said left us all in a panic.

"CONTROL ROOM."