XXXIX

[1,690 words -frisk]

we finally had arrived in the dead of night, tired and annoyed as hell. nobody got any more sleep after brendon disappeared. it really was getting the better of us, we were all worried, some more than others.

there was a warehouse a mile or so up the road, and that's where raz supposedly is. tyler decided not to park right in front of there as to not alert them, but part of me felt weird.

i felt like they already knew we were here.

the walk felt like forever, but we finally made it to the oddly placed warehouse. we were in the middle of nowhere, all there was to be seen was dirt, rocks, and this warehouse.

the five of us stood in front of it, anticipating for something bad to happen as soon as we walk in. there was a good chance that one of us was going to end up dead, i just hoped that the odds of us actually surviving was in our favor.

we all stood huddled together in a circle like manner, and though it wasn't very discreet, it kept our conversation quiet. tyler first started off saying,
"going on through the front entrance isn't the smartest idea," he looked around at all of us, "we should try and see if there's one in the back."

"i'll go check it out." dallon quietly volunteered, in which jenna spoke up as well, "i'll go too." the two then made eye contact and stealthily, yet surely went off to the back of the warehouse.

sarah remained silent from the rest of us, so she walked a little ways away from tyler and i, but she was still in a close proximity of us so we could see her. she stood in the road and looked down it from the way we came.

it was clear who she was waiting for.

tyler pulls me aside, grabbing my attention, "hey, josh? can we talk?" i nodded and turned my full attention over to him. he then sighed, "look, whatever happens in there, i just want you to know that you shouldn't blame yourself... and that you'll be just fine."

i gave him a puzzled look, "what are you talking about?" i looked deep into his chocolate brown eyes as they glistened in the moonlight, trying to uncover the thoughts behind them, but nothing came of it. i couldn't read him at all, so i was still lost on just who tyler joseph really was.

he continued to look me in the eye, "you do trust me, right?" this question sounded so simple, yet there were millions of ways i could have answered. he just looked and sounded so genuine, despite all that's happened, that's something he never lost touch with.

just how caring he was over me, for whatever reason.

"i do," i softly answered, a smile crept onto his lips, and so mine did the same. he then looked down at the gravelly road beneath us and inhaled deeply,

"i just wish i could tell you everything, josh."

i decided not the question him at that point, knowing that i would get to ask him all the questions my heart desired when this was all over. so all i did was weakly smile at him, and hoped that everything would be fine in the end.

before we knew it, dallon and jenna were seen running back from around the back of the place, out of breath, they explained that the back entrance was locked, and that they felt like they were being watched.

"so now what?" sarah walked over and asked all of us. everyone stopped to think for a few seconds, until  tyler looked over his shoulder at the front door of the warehouse,