True Love

"Unsteady" by X Ambassadors
****************

"No," Sigyn tiredly said, near ready to fall asleep where she stood. She was still employed for Thor and Sif, and then she was still caring for Loki's children come nightfall. The triplets were now five-months old, only growing more active the more time passed. This left Sigyn so very exhausted by the of her night shifts, she found twas when Loki would try his hardest to pursue her romantically.

"I am insisting on courting, Sigyn, I am not promoting marriage on the spot," Loki insisted, coming to walk beside her. She had to motion for him to keep his voice down. Jormungand and Fenrir were down for the count. If she was not very, very careful, Hela would become fussy once more. At two in the morning, Sigyn felt as though she would fall asleep before she would be able to rock the baby girl a second time.

It was only after the duo was safety away from the nursery and no longer within ear shot of the babies that Sigyn glared at Loki. "No!" She hissed. "Absolutely, positively, no! I will not hold you. I will not kiss you, and I will most certainly not be courted by you. You are married," she said coldly, nearly wanting to box his ears. It annoyed her deeply how he could be so cavalier in regard to courting when he was already married.

"You are not stating something I have merely forgotten."

She openly gaped at Loki. "So you do not care for the marriage vows you took with Angrboda...?"
"I care more for the droppings that Fenrir leaves behind than I have ever cared for that horrid women if we are truly being honest."
He could sound so cold yet so sincere at the same time. Sigyn could only stare stupidly at him. "You are such a horrid person sometimes," she murmured, feeling very certain of her words.
"Oh yes, I am horrid, but Angrboda is the epitome of perfection," Loki snapped in agitation. "She wreaked of kindness the moment she dropped our children and vanished!"
"And there it is," Sigyn whispered, her green eyes quite wide. "Our children. Your children with Angrboda."

"That Is not what I meant-"
"I know what it is you meant, Loki," Sigyn exclaimed, rubbing her forehead wearily. "I am so very tired running around this constant circle of agony with you."
"Well then stop being complicated by running," Loki replied, rolling his shoulders as he gazed at her. "You love me, and I love you."
"I cannot do this," Sigyn whispered, her voice breaking. "I cannot be in love with a married man! I cannot take the constant reminder that you did not choose me..." she admitted, saying the words that had haunted her for months. She was in love with Loki, she could not deny such a fact, and yet, she hated loving him. Loving him and his children only reminded her that his children were not, in fact, hers. Loki had made a choice a very long time ago. He went with his parents' wishes and married a stranger. The circumstances surrounding the triplets' conception was messy at best, but it did not take away the fact that Loki created three souls with another woman. A woman, who was his wife.

Loki shook his dark head. "You know I had no choice-"
"And yet, you had a choice regarding how you handled that afternoon our relationship ended," Sigyn whispered, her green eyes starting to sparkle with fresh tears. Loki said nothing as he watched her. "Do you remember...?" she asked, her sad eyes still wide. "Because I do. I remember when it was when you accused me of considering you a monster right before you said you were to marry the woman who at least understood you. Then, you proceeded to tell me I w-was only t-trying to get into your bed," Sigyn stumbled, hating herself for being able to remember that conversation so very vividly.

Loki took a step closer, but Sigyn could have none of that. She could no longer hear soothing words or have him caress her in a hug. This did nothing but confuse her further. For if she were honest, truly honest, all Sigyn wanted to do was to forget about every ounce of bad that had happened and simply love him. Her entire life could revolve around caring for the triplets and being madly in love with Loki, and she would feel nothing but content. But she could not simply fall back into old ways. It was wrong to love Loki regardless of who had him first. Deep within her heart, as much as she wanted to deny the truth, Sign knew they could not hold a future together.
"Is this where you leave me again?" Loki asked, his eyes narrowed.

"Do not do that," Sigyn warned, her tears threatening to spill. "Do not dare speak as though I am the one who originally casted your love aside-"
"I never have-"
"You did," she breathed, shaking her head sadly. "I am sorry Loki, the idea of hurting you pulls at my heartstrings, but I cannot be second loved, second best. I never wanted to be a part of a marriage consisting of multiples. But I positively do not wish to be a part of a marriage where a third of this union would consist of a woman heartless enough to abandon those three precious babies."

"Then tell me what you wish," Loki pushed, his eyes determined. "Tell me what I need to say-"
"That is the problem," Sigyn breathed, shaking her head in dismay. "What I wish cannot be said. There is no magical remedy of words to change my opinion for nothing can be said."
Loki looked appalled. "Are you truly saying that it is as simple as the saying actions speak louder than words?!"

"Yes," Sigyn breathed, simply rolling her shoulders.
Loki said nothing else. His too blue of eyes simply watched her. Unspoken words sat unsaid behind his lips as he looked heartbroken. As Sigyn reached the door to exit, the prince found his voice. "You and I will never be satisfied with anyone else." He said this so very calmly, almost as if he was positively certain of it.
"Satisfaction was never quite in your nature anyhow," Sigyn replied softly. "That matters for not."
"My satisfaction only exists with you, Sigyn, forever and always," Loki breathed, sounding pained. Sigyn hurried from the room to avoid further communication.