A Prince and a Witch (2)

I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh nor Beastly.

Beastly.
"That Goth chick in History was weird," I said to Marik when we were dressing out for P.E.
"Yeah, she really freaked you out," he agreed.
"After ten years looking at your ugly face, nothing freaks me out."
"Oh, okay, so that's not why you've been beastin about it ever since we left History?"
"Have not." But it was true. When the girls said that thing about how I'd better not ever get ugly, when she looked at me that last time, it was like she knew stuff about me, things like how I used to cry when my mom ditched 'cause I didn't think I'd ever see her again (which wasn't far from what happened). But that was stupid. She knew nothing.
"Whatever you say," Bakura said next to me.
"It was scary, all right," I agreed. "Scary that people like that even exist."
"And go to this supposed exclusive school and ruin it for the rest of us."
"Yeah. Someone ought to do something about her."
I really did believe that. I'd been trying to act like it wasn't a big deal, being elected prince and all, but it kind of was. It should have been a good day for me, but that witch had to ruin it.
That's how I was thinking of her: a witch. Ordinarily, I'd have used a different word, a word that rhymes with witch. But something about the girl, the way she'd looked at me with those freaky glowing blue eyes made me think witch. Witch totally described her.
Later, in the gym, I saw the witch again. We were running the indoor track, but she wasn't. She hadn't dressed out but still wore the black flowing clothes from before. She sat on a bench below the skylight. Above her, the sky was dark. It was going to rain.
"Someone ought to teach her a lesson." I thought of her words: You are ugly now, where it matters most . . . you are beastly. What utter crap. "She's no different than anyone else. If she could hang with our crowd, she would. Anyone would."
And in a second, I knew what I was going to do.
I sped up my pace. We had to do five laps around the track, and usually I did it at a leisurely pace, because once you finished, Coach made you start something else. It was BS that I even had to take P.E. when I was on two school teams. But I knew Coach thought so too, so I could usually get out of it. If you gave Coach the right respectful look-the type of look that made him remember the kind of checks your dad wrote for athletic association fundraisers to make up for not showing up-you got away with stuff.
Even going slow, I finished half a lap ahead of the next-closest person and started across the track to the bench where the witch, Anzu, was sitting, looking at something in her lap.
"Sennen!" Coach yelled. "If you're through, you can get out the basketballs."
I said, "Alright, Coach." I started to walk away like I was going to do it, then winced. "Oh, I've got a cramp I need to work out. Can I go stretch? Wouldn't want to get an injury."
Insert respectful look here.
"Aw, go ahead." Coach laughed. "You're miles ahead of others anyway."
Worked. "You rock, Coach!"
He laughed
I limped until his back was turned, then strolled over to the benches where the brunette witch girl was sitting. I started to stretch, which I found a waste of time since I knew this would be my final height of 5'2.
"You're really good at playing the adults, aren't you, Pharaoh?" she said looking at me with cold hard blue eyes.
I stared at her when she called me pharaoh, huh, maybe they should start calling me that.
"I'm excellent at it." I smiled at her. "Hey." I saw the object in her lap. It was a mirror, one of those old-fashioned ones with a handle, like in Snow White. When she saw me looking at it, she quickly slipped it into her backpack.
"What's the mirror for?" I asked, thinking it was weird for an ugly chick to carrying around a big mirror. Weird for anyone, really.
She ignored the question. "How's your leg?"
"What?" I stopped in mid-stretch. "Oh, it's fine, actually. Fine. I really just came over to talk to you."
She raised an eyebrow. "To what do I owe this honor?"
"I wouldn't say it was an honor. I was just . . . thinking."
"That must have been quite an experience for you."
A tic mark appeared over forehead as I heard her sarcasm in her words.
"I was thinking about what you said in class. And I decided you're right."
"Really?" She blinked a few times, like a rat coming out of its dark hole.
"Yeah, really. We do judge people by their looks around here. Someone like me . . . face it I'm a lot better than average-looking and I have an easier time than . . ."
"Me?"
I shrugged. "I wasn't going to get that specific. My dad, he owns a company and my uncle, he's on the news, so I know how it is. In their business, you lose your looks, you lose your job."
Anzu stared at me blankly. "Does that seem right to you?"
I shrugged. "I never have to think about this, you know? I mean, you can't help what you're born with"
Anzu kept staring but something in her eyes flashed: amusement. "Interesting," she said.
I smiled at her the way I did at girls I liked and move closer, even though I almost hurled doing it."You're pretty interesting yourself."
"By interesting you mean weird?"
"You could be weird in a good way can't you?"
"Fair enough." She looked at her watch, like there was somewhere she had to be, like we weren't all trapped like rats in PE. "So was that what you came over to tell me?"
Witch
"No, actually. I was thinking about what you said, and I thought maybe I had to . . . expand my horizons a little." That was my uncle's phrase. He was always saying I should expand my horizons, which usually meant doing more work. "You know, meet other kinds of people."
"Ugly people?"
"Interesting people. People I haven't met before."
Anzu looked at me oddly, not the 'I love you, marry me' kind of look but one that looked into my soul. "Like me?"
I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled. "Exactly. So I was wondering if, um, if you'd go with me to the dance next week. I think you have a good time."
She stared at me, and the blue parts of her eyes seemed to flash and looked like they might boil over the sides of her button nose. Impossible. Then she smiled. It was weird, not a sweet or kind kind of smile, a secretive one.
"Yes. Yes, I want to go with you."
Of course she did.
"Be ready pharaoh," I looked back at her shocked as she got up and left. Why did she just say that? I shook my head and started to go to the locker room, this could be interesting.

Yes I am adding Atem's title in this, I already have on who will be Will and Magda, as you can guess Yuugi will be Lindy, oh and there will be some differences between Lindy's life in the book and Yuugi's life so that will be fun to do

Ja Ne