A Prince and a Witch (3)

I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or Beastly, there will be major changes though.

     I wasn't home two minutes when Vivian Wong, a beautiful stunning Chinese female, the daughter of the Wong Corporation built in China, who is known to be a successful model, who recently been making her big debut in famous runways shows, and my real date for the dance, called my cell. I hit Ignore. She rang again. And again. Finally I caved.
    "Some Goth chick is telling everyone she's your date for the dance!" she shrieked.
    Play it cool. You expected this.
    "Does it sound likely that I'd ask some misfit to the dance?"
    "Then why'd she telling everyone you did?"
    "I can't control what every unbalanced freak says about me."
    "So you didn't ask her?"
    "Are you trippin'? Why would I ask some shank when I'm already going with the hottest girl in school?" I put on special 'just for Vivian' voice. "We're the perfect couple, babe."
    She giggled. "That's what I thought. I'll just tell everyone she's messed up."
    "No, don't."
    "Why not?" She was suspicious again.
    "Well, it's kind of funny, isn't it? Some loser telling everyone she's going to the biggest dance of the year with your date?"
    "I guess so."
    "So picture it. She tells everyone I'm her date. Maybe she even believes it and gets a fancy dress. Then I show up at the dance with you. It's classic."
    "I love you, Atem." Vivian giggled. "You're so evil."
    "Evil genius, you mean." I laughed a wild laugh that reminded me strangely of Bakura and Marik. "So what do you think?"
    "When you're right, you're right. It's classic."
    "Exactly. So you just have to do one thing to make it happen-keep your mouth shut."
    "Sure. But Atem?"
    "Yeah?"
    "You'd better not try anything like that on me. I wouldn't be dumb enough to fall for it."
    I wasn't so sure about that, but said, "Never, Viv," obedient as a Labrador.
    "And Atem?"
    "Yeah, what?"
    "My dress is black and it has very little material."
    "Hmm. Sounds nice " Ha, I really didn't care.
    "It is. So I'd like an orchid to go with it. A purple one."
    "Sure," I said, thinking why did I need to know this. It's not like I'm going to have sex with her. But I learned, with most people, if they could get what they wanted from you, they'd give you what you wanted back.

    After I got off the phone, I looked in the school directory for that Anzu girl. I really didn't trust Vivian when she said she wouldn't tell Anzu anything, so I figured I should call Anzu for some damage control.
    But when I looked in the directory under M, there was no Anzu Mazaki for some reason. So I went through every single name in the book, A to Z, and then back again, and still didn't find any Anzu. I tried to remember if she'd been there at the beginning of the year but gave up. A girl like her wouldn't be on my radar.
    Around nine, I was watching the Yankees kick butt when I heard Tou-sama's key in the lock. That was weird. Most nights, Tou-sama was out until I went to bed. I could have watched in my room, but the plasma screen was in the living room. Plus I sort of wanted to tell Otou-sama about the dance court thing. Not that it was a big deal, but it was the kind of thing he might at least notice.
    "Hey, guess what?" I said.
    "What? I'm sorry, Mahaad, I didn't hear you. Someone was trying to talk to me." He waved his hand to me to keep quiet and gave me a 'Shut up!' look. Ladies and gentlemen meet my Tou-sama, Aknamkanon Sennen, owner of the gaming company Sennen industries. He was using the Bluetooth. I always thought people looked totally stupid doing that, like they were talking to themselves. He went into the kitchen and kept talking. I thought about turning up the sound, but I knew he'd freak. He said it sounded low class, having the TV on when he was on the phone, problem was he was always on the phone.
    Finally, he got off. I heard him rifling through the Sub-Zero (why can't he just call it a refrigerator like everyone else), looking for the dinner stuff the maid left. Then I heard the microwave open and shut. I knew he'd come out and talk to me, the only reason he would was because he had to wait for the food to heat up in three minutes.
    Sure enough. "How was school today?"
    It was fun. Bakura and I ran all the wires well need to detonate the bombs tomorrow. Marik, Bakura and I just have to figure out how to get some submachine guns without you finding out. Shouldn't be hard considering you're never around. I stole your credit card yesterday to by cards for my deck. Didn't think you mind. Or notice.
    "Great. They put up the finalists for spring dance court and I'm one of them. People say I'll probably win."
    "That's great, Atem." He looked down at his cell phone.
I wondered, if I'd said the other thing, would he still respond with 'That's great, Atem.'
    I tried the one thing that usually got a response from him. "Heard from Okaa-san lately?" Kaa-san left when I was eleven because 'there has to be something else out there.' Woman you have a child and you left to marry a plastic surgeon and move to Miami. I sometimes wonder how she sleeps at night knowing she abandoned her child. Probably soundly since she's soaking up the rays and never worrying about getting old. Or caring for me.
    "What? Oh, she's probably drying out somewhere." He looked toward the kitchen, like he was urging the microwave to hurry up. "They canned Misa Silver today " Misa was uncle Aknadin's co-anchor, so the conversation was squarely back to his favorite subject: business.
    "Why?" Not that I care but this was the only time Otou-sama even gave me the time of day.
    "The official word is that it was a slip up in reporting the Kramer incident."
    I stared at Otou-sama blankly. I have no clue what the Kramer incident is.
    Otou-sama was still going. ". . . but between you, your Oji-san and me, if she'd lost the last twenty pounds after she had the baby—or, better yet, not have the baby in the first place—she'd still have a job."
    Which made me think of what Anzu said. But so what? People wanted to look at someone hot instead of someone fugly. It was human nature. Was that wrong?
    "She's totally a baka," I agreed.
Otou-sama was looking at the kitchen again, so I said, "Yankees are kicking butt."
    That was when the microwave beeped.
    "What?" Otou-sama said. He focused on the TV for maybe a tenth of a second. "Oh, I've got a lot of work to do, Atem."
    Of course, I slouched down on the seat and stared at Tou-sama's back sadly as he took his plate into the bedroom and closed the door.

Yes, I made Vivian the girlfriend because come on, how much does the poor girl Anzu get bashed in fanfics? Way to many times. Yes I made Aknamkanon an emotionless business man and I made Amera (Atem's mom) leave him. I know I'm being hard on the poor guy but how do you think he would become like that if that didn't happen. Thought so, anyways next chapter will be interesting in a sense since we will see Atem's denial.

Ja Ne