A Prince and a Witch (4)

Okay so you saw how Atem's life is at home now let's see how it is at school again. I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or Beastly

Okay, maybe Vivian didn't tell Anzu she was my date for the dance. But she definitely told everyone else. When I got to school, two girls who apparently dreamed I was going to ask them blew me off, and Bakura was at my side laughing at me for that. Finally when he calmed down he held up his hand to high-five.
"Vivian Wong, nice job."
"Nice enough."
"Nice enough," Marik imitated in a chaotic voice. When did he get here? "She's like, the hottest girl in school."
"Why would I settle for anything than the best?"
I figured Anzu knew now for sure, so I was surprised when she came up to me in the hall between classes. "Hey."
I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Hey." I tried to pull my arm away or see who might be looking at me with this defective attached to me. "Tried to call you last night."
For the first time, she looked flustered. "I'm not in the directory. I'm. . . um, new this year. Transfer student."
"Figured it was something like that." She was still hanging out me. Some friends of mine walked by, and it was just automatic that I tried to squirm from her grip.
"Ouch!" One of her nails scraped me.
''Sorry." You don't sound like it.
"So, we still on for the dance?"
"Sure. Why wouldn't we be?" She gazed at me.
I was just about to lay it on her, the part about how we needed to meet at the dance because my dad couldn't drive on account of business, when she said, "I think we should just meet there."
"Really? Most girls want, like, a royal escort." More like a royal pain in the ass for the guys.
"Nah. It's weird, but my Kaa-chan might not be totally thrilled about me going to a dance with a boy."
As opposed to what? A werewolf?
This was too good to be true. "Okay. I'll buy your ticket and see you there."
"See you there." She started to walk away.
I did too, remembering what Vivian had said, about the corsage. I figured I should ask her, to make it seem real.
"Anzu, what color dress are you wearing? My dad says I'm supposed to get a corsage."
"Oh, I haven't decided what I'm wearing yet. Something black-it's my signature color. But a single white rose goes with everything, doesn't it, and it symbolizes purity."
She talking in riddles to me. Why would I care what a rose signified? I imagined for a second what it be like if I actually was planning on taking her to the dance, leaning towards her, looking at her glowing weird blue eyes, pinning the corsage while all my friends stood and laughed at me.
For a second I wondered if she really was a witch. Impossible. There was no such thing as witches.
"You got it," I said. "So I'll see you at the dance?"
"It will be a night to remember."

Oh Atem you have no idea how right you are in that. Anyways hope you like

Vote

Comment

Share

Ja Ne