The Beast (2)

And I'm back! I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Nor Beastly, let's begin!

Otou-sama left, promising to be back for lunch after he did some research. But the clock dragged past one o'clock. Two o'clock. Mai went out shopping. I learned that it's impossible to eat breakfast cereal if you have claws. Hard to eat anything, actually. I feed my beast face with an actual package of Boar's Head ham. Would I start eating raw meat soon?
    By two thirty, I knew Otou-sama wasn't coming home. Was he trying to do anything to help me? But who'd believe him? What would he say: "My musuko's been transformed into some kind of fairy tale beast"?
    By three, I'd come up with a backup plan. Unfortunately, it involved Vivian. I called her cell.
    "Why didn't you call me?" Do I need to add, she whined?
     "I'm calling you now."
     "But you were supposed to call me before now, over the weekend."
     I pushed back my annoyance. I had to be nice to her. She was my best chance. She was always saying she loved me. So if she’d just kiss me, this could be over before Otou-sama consulted with the first plastic surgeon. I realized it was crazy to believe that a kiss would change me, like believing in magic. But how could I not believe in magic now?
    “Baby, gomen ne. I wasn’t feeling well. Actually, I think I was coming down with something Friday. That’s why I was in such a bad mood.” I coughed a few times.
    “You sure were.” Bitch I'm trying here.
    Why is she trying to pissed me off? But I said, “I know. I was a jerk, and I ruined everything, didn’t I?” I took a deep breath and said what I knew she wanted to hear. “And you looked so beautiful Friday. God, you were the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”
    She giggled. “Arigato, Atem.”
    “Everyone was eating their hearts out, seeing me with you. I was so lucky.”
    “Yeah, me too. Listen, I’m in SoHo, shopping with Rebecca and Miho. But I could come over after, maybe. Your Otou-san’s not home, right?”
   I smiled. “Hai. Put your ear real close to the phone. I want to tell you something, but I don’t want Rebecca-san and Miho-san to hear.”
    She giggled again. “Okay. What?”
    “Aishiteru(I love you), Vivian,” I whispered. “Daisuki (Another form of saying I love you or I like you a lot)…”
    “Aishiteru,” she said, giggling. “You never said it first before.”
    “You didn’t let me finish. Daisuki, I’d love you even if you weren’t so hot.”
    “Huh?”
    “It’s true. I’d love you even if you were ugly.” I heard Mai puttering around outside my door. I lowered my voice so she couldn’t hear me. “Wouldn’t you love me even if I was ugly?”
    Another giggle. “You could never be ugly, Atem-koi.”
    “But if I was. If I had, like, some huge zit on my nose, could you still love me?”
   “On your nose? You have a zit on your nose?” I feel like smacking myself, really? That's all you caught from that!
    “It’s just a rhetorical question. Would you still love me?”
    “Sure. This is weird, Atem. You’re being weird. I’ve gotta go.”
    “But you’ll come over, after you’re done?”
    “Sure. Yeah. But I have to leave now, Ate.”
    “Okay. Ja Ne.”
    As she hung up, I heard her, giggling higher, telling her friends, “He said he loved me.”
    It would all be right. It has to be.

    It was six. I’d told Mai, through the door, that if Vivian came over, she should send her into my room. I was sitting on my bed, shades drawn, lights off except the closet light. Waiting. In the darkness, with any luck, Vivian might not even realize how I looked. I wore a pair of Dad’s old jeans, larger than my own, to cover me better, and a long-sleeved shirt. All I needed was one kiss. Love and a kiss, the witch had said. Then, it would be fine. I’d be my old beautiful self again, and this cosmic joke would be over.
    Finally, a knock came at the door.
    “Come in,” I said.
    She opened the door. I’d worked hard, cleaning up the shattered glass and paper. I had found the two petals and hidden them under the lamp on my dresser, so they wouldn’t get lost.
    “Why’s it so dark in here?” she said. “What, you don’t want me to see your zit?”
    “I wanted it to be romantic.” I patted a spot on the bed. I tried to keep my voice steady. “I wanted to make up for Friday. Aishiteru, Vivian. I don’t want to do anything to lose you.”
    “Apology accepted.” She giggled.
    “That’s great.” Again, I patted the bed for her to sit. “Can we make out or…something? My Otou-sama’s on TV, so he won’t be home for a while.” She finally sat, and I put my shirt-covered arms around her, pulling her close.
    “Oh, Atem. I love having your arms around me.” Her own hands moved down the outside of my shirt and…
    No. She was going for the crotch again. The fur would be a dead giveaway. All I needed was one fast kiss before she noticed it.
    “Let’s just kiss a while.”
    “Mmm, okay for a little while.”
    And I kissed her right on the mouth. I expected to feel something, like when I’d changed the other night. But nothing.
    “Ick, Atem. You feel so hairy. You need to shave.”
    I scrambled away from her, trying to stay between her and the window. “No, I didn’t shave today. I told you I’ve been sick.”
    “Well, did you shower? Because you’re getting nowhere with me if you didn’t.”
    “Of course I showered.” I may look like an animal but that doesn't mean I live like one.
    “Let me turn on the light. I want to see.” She reached for the lamp. No, don't!

The light blazed on.

Then I heard a scream.

    “Who are you? What are you?” She started hitting me. I cowered, afraid of killing her with my claws. “Get away from me!”
    “Vivian! It’s me, Atem.”
    She kept hitting. She’d taken karate, and it wasn’t for nothing. It hurt.
    “Vivian, please! I know it’s crazy, but you have to believe me! That Goth chick—she was really a for-real witch.”
    Vivian stopped hitting me and stared. “A witch? You think I’m stupid? You expect me to believe there was a witch?”
    “Look at me! How else can you explain this?”
    Vivian was reaching out, as if to touch my hairy face, then jerked her hand back. “I’ve got to get out of here.” She started toward the door.
    “Vivian—” I went after her and blocked her way.
    “Get away! I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but get away, freak boy!”
    “Please, Vivian. You can fix this. She said I’d be this way until someone loved me and kissed me to prove it. We have to try again.”
    “You want me to kiss you now?”
    This wasn’t going well. But maybe it was better that she knew. Maybe she had to know she was kissing a beast. “Kiss me, and then I’ll be back to normal.” I felt myself shaking, the way you do when you’re about to cry. But that was pathetic. “You said you loved me.”
    “That was when you were hot!” She tried to get past me, but I blocked her again. “What really happened to you?”
    “I told you, it was a—”
    “Don’t say it again! Like I believe in spells, you loser!”
    “I’m the same, underneath, and if you kiss me, it will all be like it used to be. We’ll rule the school. Please. Just one more kiss.”
    She looked like she might do it. She leaned toward me. But when I bent to kiss her, she ducked under my arm and ran out of the room.
    “Vivian Come back!” I chased her out into the apartment, not even thinking of Mai or anything. “Please! Aishiteru, Vivian.”
    “Get away from me!” She opened the door. “Let me know if you get over whatever this is.” She ran out into the hallway.
    I ran to the door. “Vivian?”
    "Nani?” She was jiggling the elevator button, trying to hurry it there.
    “Don’t tell anyone, huh?”
    “Oh, believe me, Atem, I won’t tell a soul. They’d think I was nuts. I must be nuts.” She looked at me again and shuddered.
    The elevator came, and she was gone. I went back to my room and lay on the bed. I could still smell the scent of her, and it didn’t smell good. I hadn’t loved Vivian, so it was no surprise she didn’t love me either. That must be why the kiss didn’t work. The witch had meant it—I had to be in love.
    I’d never loved anyone, even when I was normal, never had anyone want to be with me, other than because of who I was, how much stuff I had, and how good I was at partying. I hadn’t cared much. I just wanted the same thing the girls wanted, a good time. There was time for the other stuff later.
    But what were the chances I’d ever find someone to really love me now? And maybe loving her back would be the hardest part of all.

Finally found my book again! So here is the chapter the next on will be done by the end of the day I swear. I right small chapters for this book.

No surprise Vivian only cares about looks poor Atem...uh I can make him suffer more
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Ja Ne

Sagario