Autumn and Winter (1)

I really have to double check for spelling errors... Oh well I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh nor Beastly, lets begin with part 5

Outside the closed windows, leaves began to fall, but inside, everything stayed the same. Everything except Yuugi and me. We changed. We studied together, and I saw that while he was smart, I wasn't glaringly not smart. I didn't think he hated me anymore. Maybe. Maybe he even liked me. He even let me say his name without honorifics.

One night, there was a storm, a big one with lightning like sheets of metal across the sky and thunder that showed it was all way too close. It shook my bed, rattled the world, and woke me. I stumbled upstairs to the living room, only to find myself not alone.
"Yami!" Yuugi was sitting in the dark on the sofa, watching the sky light up from the farthest distance out the window. "I was frightened. It sounded like gunfire."
"Gunfire." I wondered if he'd heard gunfire at night where he was from. "It's just thunder, and this old house is sturdy. You're safe."

I realized how crazy it was, saying he was safe when I was holding him prisoner. But he said, "Not every place I've lived has been safe."
"I notice you've chosen the spot farthest from the window."
"You think I'm being silly."
"Nah. I'm here, aren't I? The noise woke me up. I was going to pop some popcorn and see if there's anything on TV. Want some?" I moved toward the kitchen. I was being careful. I decided it was best to move away, not to scare him by being too close. It was the first time we'd been alone since that day in the rose garden. Always, we had Ryou when we studied, Mai at meals. Now, alone with everyone else asleep, I wanted him to know he could trust me. I didn't want to screw it up.

"Hai, please. Can you make two bags, though? I really like popcorn."
"Hai." I entered the kitchen and found the microwave popcorn. Yuugi flipped through the television channels and landed on an old movie, The Princess Bride. "This is a good one," I said as the popcorn started popping.
"I've never seen it."

"You'll like it, I think. It has something for everyone— sword fights for me, princesses for you." The first bag finished popping, and I took it out. "Sorry. That was probably sexist."
"It's okay. I'm a guy. Every guy at one point pretends he's a knight in shining armor off to save the princess, no matter how much his life is like that of the princess. And I like the idea of 'happily ever after.'" He left the television on that channel. I stood there watching the second bag swell up and considered what to do with them—put the popcorn in a bowl to share, like Mai would have with girls I used to know, or leave it in a bag.
Finally, I said, "Should I put them in a bowl?" I didn't even know where Mai kept the bowls. How sad was that?
"Oh, no, don't go to all that trouble."
"It's no trouble." But I took the bag out, opened it, then carried both bags over to the living room.
Probably, he'd asked for his own bag so our hands wouldn't touch. I didn't blame him. I sat about a foot away from him watching the movie. It was the scene where Westley, a pirate, has challenged the killer, Vizzini, to a battle of wits.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!" Vizzini said onscreen. "…Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

By the time Vizzini fell over, dead, I'd finished my popcorn and put the bag down. I wanted some more.
It seemed like the beast was always hungry. I wondered, if I was transformed back, would I be fat?
"Do you want some more?" he said.
"Nah. You said you really like popcorn."
"I do. But you can have a little bit." He held the bag out to me.
"Okay." I moved a few inches closer. He didn't scream or move away. I took a handful of popcorn, hoping I wouldn't drop it. There was a terrific clap of thunder, and he jumped, spilling half of what was left.
"Oh, gomen," he said.
"Don't be." I picked up the obvious pieces and threw them into my empty bag. "We can get the rest in the morning."
"It's just that I get really scared of thunder and lightning. When I was little, my kaa-san used to go out at night, after I went to sleep. And then, if some noise woke me, I'd find her not there. I'd get so scared."

"That must have been hard for you. My parents used to yell at me when I got up at night. They'd tell me to be brave, which meant leave them alone." I passed him the popcorn. "You have the rest."
"Thanks." He picked at it. "I like…"
"Nani?"
"Nothing. It's just…arigato for the popcorn."
He was so close I could hear his breathing. I wanted to move closer, but I wouldn't let myself. We sat in the blue-white light of the television, watching the movie in silence. Only when it was over did I see he'd fallen asleep. The storm had subsided, and I wanted just to sit there, watching him sleep, staring at him as I stared at my roses. But if he woke, he would think it was strange. And he already did think I was strange enough.

So I turned off the television. The room was pitch-black, and I picked him up to carry him to his room.
He woke halfway up the dark staircase. "What the … ?"
"You fell asleep. I was carrying you to your room. Don't worry. I won't hurt you. I promise. You can trust me. And I won't drop you." His weight was barely anything in my arms. The beast was strong too.
"I can walk," he said.
"Okay, if you want to. But aren't you tired?"
"Hai. A little."
"Trust me, then."
"I know. I thought if you were going to hurt me, you'd have done it already."
"I'm not going to hurt you," I said, shuddering to know that was what he's been thinking about me. "I can't explain why I want you here, but it's not for that."

"I understand." He settled back into my arms, against my chest. I carried him to the top of the stairs and tried the doorknob. He grabbed it. His voice came through the darkness. "No one's ever carried me, not that I can remember."
I tightened my grip on him. "I'm very strong," I said.
He didn't say anything else after that. He'd fallen back asleep. He trusted me. I trod on in the darkness and into his bedroom, thinking it must always be like this for Ryou, being careful, hoping for no obstacles.

When I reached his bed, I lay him down and pulled the soft down comforter around him. I wanted to kiss him, there in the darkness. It had been so long since I'd even touched anyone, really touched them. But it would be wrong to take advantage of his sleeping, and if he woke, he might never forgive me.
Finally, I said, "Good night, Little One," and started to move away.
"Yami?" At the door, I heard his voice. "Good night."
"Good night, Yuugi. Arigato for sitting up with me. It was nice."
"Nice." I heard him shifting on the bed, rolling over, maybe. "You know, in the darkness, your voice seems so familiar."

Lol Yuugi remembers Atem's voice in the dark.

Tbh I never seen the Princess bride I had to search up those clips on YouTube and the actual script, those are the clips that caught my attention the most really.

First comes friends then attraction, then romance. Yami, you may have skiped a few steps there buddy.

Oh and if I make a mistake don't be afraid to point it out, I don't get angry of offended, everyone has flaws in their writing, we can only get better.

Ja Ne

Sagario