Chapter 7: Tell lies day

Two weeks later....

"Shit." I mumble looking at my now untied shoelaces. This is why I usually hate wearing shoes and prefer either flats or sandals. The laces always come undone and I feel awkward having to bend down and tie them.

"Oooh, I love your shoes. Are they new? I haven't seen them before." Ann comments as she makes her way behind the counter.

"Yeah, I bought them at Jcpenny's yesturday." I examine my new navy blue converse high tops. I decided to break them in today since it goes with my simple white tee and blue jeans.

"Well, they're cute. We need to go shopping together by the way. I can't believe you went without me!" She fake pouts while wiping down the counter.

"I didn't stay there long. I just needed some, uh, socks. Which then led to me looking at shoes. I was there for about fifteen minutes at most."

I actually went to buy some more clothes but I'm not a shopaholic like Ann. I love her to death but, she takes forever to finish shopping. One time I went to Sephora with her and we were there for two whole hours. I enjoy makeup too, but she was taking an eternity to decide which Urban Decay Naked palette she wanted. This was after she said she already knew which one she was going to go purchase.

"Hey, your phone just buzzed." Ann points to my cell which I left beside the counter.

"I'm going." I quickly bend down and tie my shoe. No need to trip and accidently injure myself. Once I'm done, I try to to get up without feeling like I just did ten squats. My thighs are still sore from working out with Ann yesturday morning. Yep, Ann is still on track with her exercise program and here I am, poor victim forced to join the pain.

When I finally my way to the register, I unlock my phone to see who texted me.

The first thing I see is a picture of.... Dylan O' Brien?

I know who it's from without even looking at the sender's name

I know who it's from without even looking at the sender's name. I quickly text back a reply.

Hmm... didn't know you were a fan of Dylan O' Brien... is he your celebrity crush or something? He is hot.

Before I get a chance to lock my phone, I recieve another text.

Haha. Very funny Jenny. 😒

Why, thank you. I do try my best.

I was merely sending a meme which represents how I currently feel doing my homework. Talk to you later, you are distracting me from school work. You seem to be a bad influence...

Sure. I'm the bad one here. You texted me first.

I send the last message then look up and see Ann staring at me with a pensive expression on her face.