Chapter 26: Cosmic Love

Alex P.O.V~~

"This is officially the strangest date I have ever been on." Amelia laughs then turns in her seat to face me, even though she can't actually see at the moment. "How do I know I'm not being kidnapped right now?"

"Why do you say that babe?" I act oblivious. "Do you not trust me? I feel offended and wounded by that accusation."

"Oh, I don't know. It might have to do with this blindfold blocking my vision." I love how sarcastic she is, it keeps me on my toes.

I asked her to put on a blindfold during the duration of the twenty minute car ride to the next location, which is a secret until we arrive. I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a little nervous. I want to make this the best night for her.

"Is that not normal for dates?"

"Hmm, I don't think so. Unless it's a new fad. Where are we going?"

"You know I can't tell you yet. But just so you know, we are almost there." I promise.

"I don't know how you're going to top that food we just ate. It was so delicious, I think I almost cried tears of joy." She sighs content.

I took her to dinner at a fancy restaurant downtown that just opened up about a month ago. I picked that place since it had great reviews, but getting a reservation was a real pain in the ass. I persevered since the online food images were so good, they made your mouth water.

Only problem was that the menu item names were super difficult to pronounce and we both had a hard time understanding anything. She was adorable though when trying to order. We ended up making a game to see who could recite it the closest, and kept bothering our unfortunate waiter to see who said it best. Most of the time I butchered it on purpose so she would get a point. The joyful grin and sparkle in her hazel eyes Jenny gave when she was told her pronunciation was closer was enough of a win for me.

"I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully you'll like this a little better than the restaurant since this is the main attraction."

Once I spot the NASA Johnson Space center logo, I pull into the parking lot and easily find a space since they're about to close for the day. I shut off the engine and prepare to reveal the surprise.

A couple of days ago, I called and planned a private tour of Space Center Houston. It's the official visitor center of the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center which is located right next door. It's usually busy and crowded so it's difficult to take your time and view all the artifacts and attractions in peace.

I came up with this because I remembered one day when we were working on our writing assignment, Amelia let it slip that her mom was always fascinated with astronomy. This caused her to take the astronomy course offered for science credit at our school and said she loved it. At the time she hadn't told me that both her mom and dad had been deceased. After I learned about her childhood, I realized that the class must have made her feel close to her mother.

"I can tell we are parked, can I take this blindfold off now?" Amelia voices beside me and I snicker.

"You are so impatient. Here, let me take it off." I reach around and remove the black satin tie I used to block her vision.

"I can finally see! Freedom!" She jokes before taking a close look at our surroundings. "We're at the Space Center." She adds excitedly, memorized by the rocket display near the entrance before showing a slight frown.

"What's wrong? Do you not want to go?" Fuck, did I screw up?

"Of course I do. I've never visited which is crazy considering how close this is to us. It's just, isn't it closed for the day already? There's basically no cars here."