•Believe•

Maya woke up as Mother Superior woke her up.

"Wake up dear. You have school." She said as she smiled and Maya smiled back kindly. She might've been an orphan, but she was treated well and taken care of. It was weird for her as well. She was the only one that still lived with them. Her story, according to the sisters, was that she was in the ICU as a baby and no one claimed her as their own so they decided to take her in instead. She shared a room with one of the girls becoming a nun, but she had no intention of becoming one.

"Yes ma'am." She said as she yawned and stretched sitting up her roommate wasn't there and her bed was made. Her roommate was always somewhere else but Maya didn't care either way.

"We have some cleaning to do in the-" Mother Superior started looking at the girl who stood up.

"In the dinner hall. I'll be there at five." Maya said knowing what she was going to say, as it never had changed. She always made sure to leave time to visit her favorite teacher.

"You are a clever girl. Now get ready so you won't be late." Mother Superior said gently but stern as she left the room.

Maya began to get ready. Her birthday was coming up and she was excited. Her favorite present was from Ms. Blanchard last year. It was a gold ring with a small jewel in the center. It fit Mayas persona perfectly and it was the only sentimental gift she had ever gotten, aside from the blanket she was given when she was a baby.

 It fit Mayas persona perfectly and it was the only sentimental gift she had ever gotten, aside from the blanket she was given when she was a baby

She got dressed, brushed her teeth, and put her hair in a messy ponytail. It showed the darker underside of her hair which she liked. She grabbed an apple and the bag lunch made for her on the counter.

She grabbed her backpack and headed to school. She began tossing the apple in the air and catching it. As she walked she looked up at the clock tower that never moved. She felt her leg hit something lightly and looked down to see a Dalmatian.

She bent down and pet it. "Im so sorry doggy." She rubbed the back of its ear as the owner smiled to her. She smiled back and kept walking. Everyone in Storybrooke was very pleasant to be around except for a few which she avoided.

One of the few was the mayor. That was the main reason she stayed away from Henry. She could tell something was different about her, a little off.

As she walked to the entrance of the school she was greeted by an eager Henry. She hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks.

"Hey." Maya waved with her apple in her hand. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"I've been busy with this book. You have to read these." Henry said looking at the book in his hand.

"Yeah. It's my turn to read right?" She said her eyebrow raised as she took it from Henry and began to walk as Henry went with her.

"Yeah, but I think- don't call me crazy okay?" He said as he looked at her.