•A Friend•

Maya left to go to the hospital. She heard it was Davids last day and she wanted to say something. Mary Margaret had resigned but Maya still made her rounds.

She showed up and talked to her regulars. Eventually she got close enough to see David. He was sitting in his room watching tv. She was scared to go say something, but she did it anyway. She opened the door and smiled to him as he smiled back.

"I heard today was your last day." Maya said as she walked over to him and sat down on a chair.

"It is." He nodded as he looked to her turning off the tv. "What brings you here?"

"Well since it's your last day I wanted to say goodbye." Maya explained.

"You never said hello." He said as he raised his eyebrow.

"I guess not that you know." Maya said as she thought of the night before he woke up.

"I'm confused." David said looking to Maya.

"Oh um I was there the night they found you. I actually spotted you with my flashlight. Ms. Blanchard did the rest." Maya said as she nodded looking down.

"Thank you." David smiled to her.

"It's no problem." Maya smiled back. "I'm just happy you weren't dead."

"Yeah. I'd say that's pretty good." David said as they both laughed.

"So are you happy?" Maya asked as she took off her bookbag.

"What?" He asked looking at her confused. Maya could tell he wasn't confused just because of her question.

"Are you happy your going home?" She asked.

"Yeah I guess. I don't really remember it though." David said with a chuckle.

"I hope you remember soon. Then everything will be better." Maya said as she smiled.

"Yeah." David nodded with a sigh. "You know we are having a welcome home party at my house. If your parents are okay with it you should come." He smiled. "As a thank you."

"Oh okay. I'll ask." Maya said with a smile. She wasn't going to tell him about how she was an orphan.

"I know you come with Mary Margaret sometimes. Maybe you two can come together. I already gave her the address." David explained. Maya could see how much he wanted her there.

"Okay. Well I should go say hi to other patients." Maya said as she grabbed an apollo bar out of her pocket. "I'm sure this will make you happier to get home so you can eat even more." Maya smiled.

"Thank you." He said as he looked at it. Maya left and finished up her rounds. She didn't know if she was going to the party but she was going to try. Anything to see her dad again.

She left for Ms. Blanchards house to see if she was going and to ask to go with her. She knocked on the door and Emma answered.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Emma asked as she held the side of the door.

"I was looking for Ms. Blanchard. Mr. Doe- I mean Nolan asked me to come and I was going to see if I could go with her." Maya explained as she looked in the apartment past Emma to see if she was there.

"Well she isn't here. She said she wasn't going either but you can come with me if you want." Emma suggested as she shrugged.

"Okay." Maya nodded. "Is she okay?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah she just had stuff to do. I need to finish getting ready but you can wait inside." Emma said as Maya walked in and Emma walked upstairs to get ready. Not long after Emma was ready and they left.