•Taken•

Maya went to Ms. Blanchards cell to say hello since she ran away the other night. It was dark outside and her curfew was coming up but she missed seeing her so she wanted to get there as soon as she could.

She went inside and Mary Margaret's cell was open and she was gone. They already took her away?, was Mayas first thought making her stomach twist. No. It's to early. She must have escaped. Maya said to herself before going out to look for her.

She figured that if she was going to escape she would head out of town. That meant Maya had to find her before she did or something bad would happen.

She went to the woods to look. She walked quietly trying to hear any footsteps. She heard a branch snap. "Ms. Blanchard is that you?" Maya said as she ran to where the branch snapped before being grabbed and a cloth was put over her mouth. She began to scream and struggle with no luck. Her vision began to fade.

"Guess again." She heard the man say before she lost consciousness.

She began to wake up and she was in a room laying on a desk. She sat up and tried to stand up before realizing her stomach and feet were tied with rope onto a chair. She began breathing heavily trying to untie the knots behind her.

"Unuhuh." She heard a mans voice from behind her. Maya jumped slightly and began to feel scared as she pulled her hands back to the front of her.

"Please let me go." She said trying not to freak out as the man came around the chair and looked at her.

"Why would I do that when there is something I need you to do." The man said with a smile as he stood on the other side of the desk and leaned on the table.

Maya looked at the table to see some sewing stuff and a hat. "Who are you?" She asked confused looking at all the supplies.

"My name is Jefferson." The man said as Maya looked up to him. She looked around the room to see hats on a wall and some tea.

"Wait." Maya said thinking of the book. She remembered the Mad Hatters story in it. "Do you-" Maya started as she looked at him.

"Remember? Yeah." He said as distress came over his face.

"I don't understand. Why are you doing this too me? How do you remember?" She asked.

"Well you see I never forgot. When Regina sent all of us here they all forgot. My curse was to remember." The man explained.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asked again as she tried to untie herself.

"I said don't do that." He said loudly as he pulled out his gun and put in on the table. "I don't want to use this but I will if I have to." Mayas eyes widened. She began breathing heavier and cried a little bit. "Now here is what you need to do." He said as he showed her the hat.

"I have a daughter Grace. Here her name is Paige. Do you know her?" He asked as he walked around.

"Yes she goes to my school. Why won't you answer my question?" She asked crying.

"Because I haven't finished my story yet." He said looking to her.

"Now. I want to take her back to our land and to do that I need my hat." He said as he walked behind her and turned around her chair showing her the wall of hats. "I can't get it to work but you." He said as he bent down and looked at her. "You are one of the saviors. That means you have magic." He said as Maya looked at her hands.

"Why did you kidnap me?" She asked as he turned her chair back around.

"Well last time I checked kids are taught not to talk to strangers. Especially not to go into their house so this was simply the easiest way to do it." He explained as he got close to her ear and whispered. "Now make one." He said as Maya moved her head away from the strange man and hit him in the face to get him away from her.