•Mystery•

Sorry this chapter took a while! I'm working on the sequel now. The "Curious Series" will be seperated by seasons. Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya hadn't really talked to Emma in a while. She met up with Henry at Granny's every once in a while. It turns out Emma found the book by a gutter. They were glad to have it back. Mary Margaret was always busy all of a sudden. She didn't know why but she wasn't going to ask. She felt weird around her as if she looked at Maya differently now that she knew Maya thought she was her mom.

On Valentines Day she was walking around town and saw Ms. Blanchard with Mr. Nolan. They both looked on the verge of tears. Maya was going to go over and say something, but she decided it wasn't her business. Maya thought that that was probably where she was when she went to see her.

Maya was at school looking at all of the science fair projects. Most kids were with their parents but Maya was alone. She looked to a board and read it when she heard a smack. She looked to see Mrs. Nolan in front of Ms. Blanchard. She covered her mouth.

"Screw you your sorry." Kathryn said loudly.

Maya couldn't make out what they were saying until Mrs. Nolan started yelling again.

"You snuck around, you have him break up my marriage with a pack of lies, with some crap about not being able to connect?" She yelled.

Maya was shocked. She knew they were sneaking around but they lied about it which was terrible. Mrs. Nolan stormed off after a couple more things.

Maya walked over to Ms. Blanchard. "Are you okay?" She asked looking to her concerned.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it." She said as she walked away.

"Okay." Maya whispered. She decided to look around a bit more and she decided to go back home. She walked by Mary Margaret's car and the word tramp was spelled across it in red. It looked like someone tried to wash it off before but you could still see the letters. Maya looked at it and felt heart broken.

They couldn't help that they were meant to be and what they did was wrong but she was not the equivalent of a prostitute. She went to the church and grabbed a bucket of water, soap, and a sponge. She went back to her car and began to wash it off. It was hard to take off.

"Maya what are you doing?" Ms. Blanchard said as she saw the girl.

"I'm trying to clean the paint off." Maya said as she scrubbed it.

"Honey don't-" Mary Margaret started. She sounded like she was going to cry.

"This isn't true. People shouldn't do this." Maya said scrubbing the window.

"Maya don't worry about it." Mary Margaret said shaking her head.

"You don't deserve this Ms. Blanchard." Maya said scrubbing harder.

"Maya stop." Mary Margaret said as she grabbed Mayas hand. Maya looked up to her and saw she was about to cry. She wrapped around her.

"I'm sorry." Maya said as the teacher hugged her back.

"Oh Mys. It's not your fault sweetie." The teacher said sounding as if she just gave up.

"I know. If people knew the truth then none of this would've happened." Maya said as she let go of the hug and looked up to the teacher.

"It's not that easy Maya." The teacher smiled to her. "Go home okay. You should get some rest. I'm sure you have to do a lot of work for miners day." Mary Margaret said looking to her.