•Closer•

Second to last chapter! I've already started the next book. Do you guys like this story? Let me now please. Now for the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~

A couple days went by and Emma had found Kathryn alive. Everyone was on edge about the heart. Of course Maya and Henry knew someone took it out but no one in this world could prove it.

August had called Henry about an operation cobra mission to get Emma to believe. Maya thought it was a good idea to have another person part of operation cobra. Maya decided to stay home for that one and search through the book some more. She noticed that there was a new set of pages in the book about Pinocchio. The next time she saw Henry she told him.

They met at Granny's to talk to Emma about the new pages to she if she knew anything about how they got there. Henry told her it was a code red operation cobra emergency over the walkie and they waited for her arrival.

She came in and Maya smiled at her. "Hey guys. What's going on?" She asked as she sat next to Henry.

"Shh! This is top secret information." Henry said looking to her.

"Then why did we meet in Granny's?" Emma asked looking to Maya confused.

"I'm hungry." Henry said as he opened the book. "Who else knows we hide the book at the sheriff station?"

"No one why?" Emma asked quietly.

"Because someone changed it." Maya said as she pointed to the page.

"And they didn't even put the end." Henry said as he read it.

"Why would someone change it?" Emma asked confused.

"To tell us something we need to know about the curse." Henry said as Maya looked at the page.

"And why would they do that and not even finish it?" Emma asked as they looked at the book.

"That's where we are stuck." Maya said looking at the book. "The story is about Pinocchio. Everyone knows it ends with Pinocchio becoming a real boy."

"Maybe that's why it doesn't have an ending." Emma suggested.

"Or maybe there is more to the story." Henry said as he looked at Emma.

"You two are going to be late for school." Emma said looking to Henry then Maya. "Let's go." She said as she got up.

"You hold onto the book for now Henry." Maya said as Henry put it in his bag and they got up to leave.

They walked to school and Henry saw his mom. "I'll see you later." Maya said as she walked to her class room.

The kids looked at her and said some things before being quiet. She looked at her sweater to see if there was something on it but there wasn't.

She sat at her desk and took out her stuff for class.

"That's the girl who is friends with a ten year old." She heard one of the kids whisper as another laughed.

She looked up and around the class then to the kid. "He's twice the person you will ever be. More mature too." Maya said as everyone looked at the bully and laughed a bit. She went through the rest of the school day quietly then went to Ms. Blanchard's class room to see how her first day back went.

They talked for a while and Mary Margaret invited Maya over for dinner.

"Is Emma eating dinner with us too?" Maya asked as she helped make dinner. They were making chicken with macaroni and cheese and brocolli.