Chapter 1

Third person pov

Shinko stared in horror at the creature sitting at the end of her adopted daughters bed. It' wings twitched occasionally, and the gems on its head seemed to glow in the dim room. It's silver eyes seemed to stared into your soul.

"Takashi!" She whisper yelled. She feared that if she was to loud the creature might do something, like attack her daughter, Ima. "What is it?" He asked with a yawn. "Shh, come here." She said quietly, fear evident in her voice.

He quickly rushed over, stepping lightly. Once he got to her side she pointed at the creature. It was hard to see it in the dark, the only thing illuminating it was the light from the hallway. He squinted, trying to get a better look at it.

"What... is that?" He whispered. Shinko shrugged, shaking slightly. Takashi hesitantly reached for the light switch. He let his hand hover over it for a few seconds as he contemplated his choices. Finally, he flipped it on.

Their eyes widened at the sight. It looked like a small pink octopus with a pair of white wings coming from the side of it's head. However it only had five tentacles, the one in the back resembling a devils tail by the arrow on the end.

It had two, pupil-less silver eyes and five gems on its face. A strange pattern was seemingly carved into it's face. They didn't fail to notice the blue sparkles that seemed to rise from it.

"Wait a second, is that....." Takashi trailed off as he realized what it looked like. Their selectively mute daughter loved to draw. It was one of her best ways to communicate. She always drew a sloppy picture of what looked like this creature, claiming through sign language that it was her best friend. It's name being Octosparkle.

"I-Impossible." Shinko stuttered as she realized just what the creature was. Suddenly, Ima stirred. They stared at her in shock as she sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked at them in confusion before her eyes traveled to the winged octopus creature on her bed.

Instead of running away or being frightened like the couple expected she reached over and grabbed it, hugging it. They watched wide eyed as something in front of her began to form. It was another winged octopus creature but this time it was blue with pink gems.

Shinko let out a screech of horror as Ima hugged that one as well. She was the one creating the beasts. It was her!

Takashi glared at the girl. He had been sheltering a monster in his home for two years! Two long years, this monster had eaten meals with him and his wife, watched tv with them, held their hands! He stomped towards her and slapped her without thinking.

She let go of the two Octosparkles in shock. Her eyes welled up with tears as her father slapped her again and again. "You monster! I've been housing a monster!" He continued to slap her. Soon the slaps turned to punches and then kicks.

Shinko watched as her husband beat the girl she used to see as a daughter. Now when she looked at the small girl all she saw was a monster. She even smiled wen she saw Ima was rapidly making signs with her hands, begging him to stop.

They lived in a small village meaning someone would eventually notice Ima wasn't leaving the house. The two adults didn't think about it. Or it was more like they didn't care. They would just tell them about how she was a monster and they would let it go.

"You should just die!" He yelled, kicking her in the ribs. She let out a silent scream of pain. Shinko rushed to the kitchen and got five of their largest kitchen knives before making her way back to where her husband was beating the beast.

"Here you go dear." He looked over and grinned sadistically before taking the knives from her hands. Shinko's eyes widened as one was instantly plunged through her heart. The last thing she saw was Takashi's psychotic grin.

He then turned back to the sobbing girl. He walked over to the bed where the two Octosparkles sat ad plunged a knife in the blue ones head. Ima silently cried out as the creature fell limp, blood gushing out of the newly formed hole in it's head.

The pink one seemed to realize it was in danger and flew towards it's creator. It wrapped it's tentacles around her arm and tried to pick her up. Ima pointed at the door, her eyes begging it to leave.

"Run."

Her voice was quiet and soft, you'd have to strain to hear it. The Octosparkle gave her a sorrowful look before doing what it was told. She couldn't disobey her creators orders. She just couldn't. She wasn't strong enough to.

Takashi watched in disgust as the creature swooped towards the window, glass shattering as it flew away. He turned his attention back to the bruised girl on the ground. He had truly gone insane. In a mere ten minutes his sanity had left him. It was sad really, he had been such a good man and loving husband. However, that man was now gone and Ima knew he would never be coming back.

She let out a silent scream as the knife was plunged into her stomach. Takashi dragged it down her torso to her pants line before yanking it out leaving one long gash. It started just below her breast and ended above the wast line. It was deep, not to mention painful.

Something seemed to flip inside of Imagine. She stood, no floated upright. She hovered an inch above the ground, her gaze deadly. Slowly a dagger began to form in her hand, from the bottom of the hilt to the tip of the blade.

The hilt looked like it was made up of silver rose petals while the actual blade shifted from color to color. Takashi jumped back when the blade of Ima's dagger burst into multi colored flames. She flashed in front of him causing him to drop the kitchen knife in surprise.

"Please don't! I'm sorry, Ima. Come on baby it's me, your daddy." He begged for his life. He was cornered, his back to the wall. She came closer so her face was only inches from his.

Her eyes were void of emotion as she slit his throat. The pain came later.

 The pain came later