Chapter 21

Third person pov

Team Seven arrived at Tsunami's house, exhausted. Their sensei was passed out, covered in sweat and wounds. They weren't fairing too well either, drenched in sweat and covered in dirt. Well, Sakura was alright, having stood there and done nothing but act as a cheerleader. It couldn't be helped, Sasuke and Naruto supposed. Tazuna didn't hesitate to hesitate to mention it on their way back, although he was ignored.

"The second door on the right is free. Don't go in the door at the end of the hall. We have a friend staying with us, and she's very sick." Tsunami said softly, smiling. She was glad her father'd made it back safe. She wasn't sure what she would have done without him. "Thank you." Sakura bowed as a platoon of Naruto clones carried Kakashi up the stairs. "Second on the right?" The blonde checked. Sasuke gave a tired nod, plopping down in front of the table. The air here... it felt familiar. There was something odd going on here, something he'd felt before.

"The bathroom is under the stairs, if you want to get cleaned up, dear." Tsunami said. It took Sasuke a moment to realize she'd spoken to him, as nobody else was in the room anymore. Tazuna had gone upstairs to do something, he wasn't sure, and he didn't care. Sakura had followed Naruto and Kakashi, no doubt planning to patch their sensei up. "Thank you." Sasuke said respectfully, standing up. His legs ached. He was exerted.

Entering the bathroom, Sasuke set down his bag. He'd need to change clothes.

Time skip

You mean Zabuza is still alive?" Sakura gasped. Sasuke was only half paying attention. The familiar feeling was stronger up here. He couldn't quite place where he'd felt it before, but that didn't really matter. He savored it. He didn't know why, but he felt like he'd been missing this feeling all his life. He craved it, as though he couldn't get enough. He wondered if anyone else felt it. The shift around them, as though something was satisfyingly off canter.

"That's right." Kakashi grunted, sitting up slightly. Sakura jolted forward slightly. "Don't move too much, sensei. You're still weak." Sakura warned, concern heavy in her voice. "Yeah, that fight you had with that Zabuza guy was intense, believe it!" Naruto exclaimed, his eyes wide. Kakashi offered a closed eye smile. "I'm fine, you guys. Don't worry." He assured them. Sasuke was too focused on the doorway. Tsunami and that little boy had just darted by, and he swore he could hear pained groaning and mumbling coming from the room next door. He supposed whoever was in there really was sick. 

"Tsunami-san is making dinner. It should be done soon... I think I'll go see if she needs any help. It sounds like she's got her hands full, dealing with us and her sick friend." Sakura stood up. Naruto grinned. "That's a good idea, Sakura." Kakashi encouraged. The pinkette lit up considerably at the praise, turning and scurrying off after Tsunami. The room at the end of the hall was wide open. 

"Can I help?" Sakura asked softly as she walked in. Inari and Tsunami both jumped slightly, turning to her. "Oh, it's just you." Tsunami gave a graceful smile. "If you could go stir the stew, that would be amazing, Sakura."

Sakura nodded, her eyes drifting over to the pale, sweat covered girl in the bed. She looked a little younger than Sakura was, maybe even the same age. "Wow, is she going to be okay? She doesn't look all too good." The girl took a slight step forward. Inari ignored her, replacing the cloth on her head. "This is just an episode. She'll recover soon." Tsunami gave another caring, polite smile that made Sakura's chest warm.

"Well... I'll go stir that stew! Good luck," Sakura looked towards the girl, bending down slightly. "I hope you get better soon! I'd love to meet you when you're feeling better."

And with that, the pinkette exited the room, closing the door behind her. 

~

"Thank you for the food!" Team seven chorused with varying degrees of cheerfulness. Tazuna grinned, while Tsunami simply smiled delightfully. It wasn't often that they got guests, although Ima and Oberon had been a nice surprise. They were more of family now, they could call this their home to, so they didn't really qualify as guests anymore. "Man, it's been a while since we've had this many guests around our table!" Tazuna laughed heartily.

"This is amazing!" Sakura complimented. Naruto gave a garbled agreement, his mouth full of food. Sasuke stared at his stew. It wasn't that he didn't like it or anything, he just didn't have much of an appetite. He'd lost a lot of late ever since Ima disappeared. Or maybe she didn't, and he did, and he was the one abandoning her. He hoped she knew that he didn't mean it. That he would give up anything to be with her right now, even his quest for revenge. He could give up being an avenger if it meant getting her back.

"I don't think I caught your names. I believe you're Sakura, and you're Naruto..." Tsunami trailed off, looking between Kakashi and Sasuke. The two males blinked. "Ah, that's right!" Kakashi smiled a closed eye smile, setting down his spoon. "My name is Kakashi, and these are my students Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha."

Inari's knees banged against the table, and Tazuna's water went flying. Tsunami's eyes widened before filling with tears. Finally. "Thank God!" The woman wailed, standing up. Team seven stared, confused as she pulled Sasuke to his feet. The boy stumbled slightly. "We're so glad you're here! She's been getting worse and worse, Inari go get her, and we know you can fix her."

"W...What?" Sasuke's face twisted with confusion. Kakashi let go of his spoon completely. "Tsunami-san, is something wrong?" He asked the emotional woman. Tazuna laughed as though the Hatake had just made a joke. "Are you kidding?! This is the best news we've had here in a while!" He assured the man, grinning widely. 

"Do you know Sasuke-kun?" Sakura blinked. Naruto huffed with some spite, because clearly they didn't know him. "She's suffering from withdrawal." Tsunami rambled. "Only she did it to herself, with her powers. She'll get weak, and then stronger, but yesterday was particularly bad. She passed out."

"What're you talking about?" Sasuke was completely lost. A weak voice spoke up behind him.

"S...Sa...suke..."

~

To have them kiss or to not have them kiss, that is the question.