Chapter 12

So some of you are like "SASUKE CAN BRING IMA BACK WITH HIM WHY WON'T HE JUST DO THAT????"

It's hard to explain, but I'll try to put it as simply as possible.

So Sasuke is there from Ima's imagination. His physical body, technically, isn't there. Part of him is, as he wakes up with scars and objects from his trips. However, those objects and creatures all came from Ima's imagination. He can bring things she made up. She did not make herself up. Sasuke's presence, technically, counts as a made up thing even if he is real.

Ima's pov

I gazed at Azkuma with a contemplative look. "How long have you been in this closet?" I asked him curiously. When Ima's wilderness first formed, the demonic man had formed with it. He was a servant who I accidentally created. On the first night, he came to me. I remember shaking and crying, and screaming at him to go into the closet and to get out of my sight. As much as I hated to admit it, I'd sort of forgotten about him. Even now I struggled to recall details about him, although I prided myself in managing to remember his name at all. "Since you ordered me there, miss." He was covered in dust and cobwebs.

"A-Ah... I'm sorry." I apologized. "I am here to serve." He said simply, staring down at me with his cat-like red eyes. I blushed in embarrassment, shaking my head in shame. I can't believe I left him in there for so long! "You should go live your life." I told him, stepping back so he could exit the closet. "I am not alive. My existence is yours." He assured me in a monotone voice. I deadpanned at him. What a depressing guy. "That's really sad." I told him. He didn't say anything, simply staring down at me with an indifferent look. I shifted slightly. "You're a bit scary." I admitted. "I am meant to be your protector. It is good that I am intimidating." He said simply. "Ah." I nodded awkwardly. Had I remembered abandoning Azkuma in the closet, I would have waited for Sasuke so we could open it together.

"Are you... alright?" I scratched the back of my neck. "Are you?" He countered, his eyebrows raising. "Oh, yes, I'm okay." My cheeks flared red. I can't tell if he actually cares how I am, or if he's just some mindless... thing I created. Coming from the mind of my four year old self, he can't be all that complex, and is bound to have some odd powers. "So what do you do?" I questioned curiously. "I light on fire and can kick things rather well." He does have long legs. Simple powers, as I expected. "That's cool, I guess. You can just... sit on my bed, I guess." I shrugged. He gave a sharp nod, sitting down stiffly. 

'So emotionless.' I sweat dropped at him. "Do you know where you- we, are?" I corrected. Perhaps he knows the name of this town... or, I suppose it isn't a town anymore. "Your wilderness, miss." He said formally. I looked down. "I-I mean... what it was before." My voice came out wistfully, and I couldn't help but look through the dusty window. I could see the tops of the mushroom forest from here: yet another place Sasuke and I had yet to explore. The creatures there were meant to be friendly, but we aren't going to take chances. We still can't get into the candy cane forest. Who knows how lethal the mushroom-filled area is. 

"I am not sure. Perhaps going into town would provide more answers." His response made me stiffen, and I looked down. I've always wanted to go into town. Really, I have. I have only vague memories of what it was like before. I'm just... I'm scared. My dad's body is still here: covered by a sheet and a lot of this Febreeze stuff Sasuke and I found in the bathroom. I'm scared that... I guess there will be more bodies, right? I really hope they all made it out, but part of me thinks that maybe they couldn't. Sasuke has no experience with anything in this...world I made. That means nothing has gotten out of it, right?

"Ima?" I whirled around. Standing there, looking awfully confused, was Sasuke. I smiled, letting out a breath of relief. "This is Azkuma. He's been in my closet for a few years now." I told my friend, trotting over to him. Sasuke's face twisted. "Why?" He was clearly perplexed. "He's my demon servant. I sorta..." I coughed a little. "I forgot he was in there is all..." 

Sasuke barked out a laugh. "Of course you did." He patted my head. Why's he so much taller than me? Can I imagine him shorter? That might have bad effects though. He could turn into a dwarf or something akin to it. "Should we gear up?" I asked him. "Yeah. I say we go towards the mushroom forest today. I'm curious. If that's okay with you of course." He hastily added the last part. I chortled. "Of course! Azkuma, you can stay here. You're too..." I searched for the right word. "Cold."

"Yes, miss."

Sasuke and I shared a look, shrugging.