Daddy's POV (Part 44)

***

A/N
Hey readers!
I have been getting messages that the last part wasn't complete. I am so sorry for that. If you haven't read the last part completely till the author's note at the end then I advice to kindly go back and read it till the last. Thank you for cooperation! Happy reading!

***

Daddy's POV

Seeing her on her knees with tears falling from her eyes was breaking me but what broke me more was the fact that my princess lied to me. Not only her, but everyone. Everyone lied to me. My princess was asking for my sorry desperately and how much I wanted to give it to her but I needed time. I was broken right now and wanted some time alone. I have to get out of here before I did something I regret later on.

I sat there with a emotionless face but deep inside I wanted to wipe off her tears, I wanted to hold her until all her griefs were taken away, I wanted to calm her.

I wanted to and I did. I slowly wipe all the tears off my little daughter's face. I helped her to stand up. When she did, she again said sorry.

"I need some time." I said, as I went towards my room.

I sat on my bed, with my face in my hands. I was badly hurt. I felt like someone stabbed me right in my heart.

The girl who never lied to me. The girl who couldn't keep her secrets to herself. The same girl today, lied to me. Not about a small thing that could be ignored but a big one. Infact, everyone did. Every person around me lied to me but only Samaira's lie hurt me. If she didn't lie, if only rest did, I would have forgive them because I didn't expect much from them but Samaria? Still it's hard for me to face the harsh reality.

At some point in life, I knew that people will lie to me but never had I thought my little princess will. I am sure that this plan was not from her mind but she became party to lie the moment she agreed on it.

Have I not raised her right? Am i not a good father? Where have I lacked? Have I not given her much of my time?

It's all my mistake. It's all mine.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I didn't look up because I already who it would be.

"Samaira, please. Not now." I said.

"Daddy, I am sorry. We all are sorry. Look, Jelly is here. Sidhant's family are on their way here. We are really sorry. We should 't have lied to you. We are fools. Please daddy, it was a mistake." She said.

I looked up to see them. Jelly, Sidhant, my wife, Samaria.

"Stop them and just go." I said and looked away. I can't forgive anyone. I am badly hurt and right now, I think I would hurt my little princess's fragile heart by saying something harsh once again. I knew she would be hurt by hearing my words now but I can't help it. So, it's better if they leave now.

They understood my position, I guess because after that they all left except one, like I expected.

I felt her sit beside me as she took hold of my hand in her, giving me support.

My wife.

"Rachna, have I not raised her right? Have I not taught her the lesson of honesty properly?" I asked.

She took my face in her soft hands and looked deep in my eyes.

"You are the best father. I envy my own daughter there. You have been her support system. You have made her what she is today. You have taught her every lesson properly. The only place we lacked was love. Not parental love but the relationship like we have. We didn't make her understand what is right and what is wrong in the path of love. The only thing she knew was that you hate love marriage. She is an independent girl now. From the start, when Samaria and Sidhant agreed on this plan, I knew this was not gonna work for long. I knew her respect and love for you and I knew she won't be able to keep it in her for long." She said.

"Why didn't you tell me or why didn't you stop them?" I asked.

"Like I said, Samaira's an independent girl. She can take her own decisions. She took her decision, which wasn't right. She understood and now she's asking for your sorry, she is trying to make amendments. Let her, Viren. Viren, let her make amendments. Forgive her. Please." Rachna, my wife said.

"Rachna, how can I? I am badly hurt. I know you are right. I know but the lie, it has hurt me more than it was supposed to. I need time to analyse things. The lie was said by all but only Samaria's did the trick of hurting me." I said.

"Viren, she never lied to you before. It was the first time she hid something from you. It was the first time she lied to you. She'll never do it again, I know. Please forgive her. Please don't stop her wedding. Please forgive her. I know you are badly hurt. I know, you are against love marriages but is your thinking more important than Samaira's happiness?" She asked.

"It's not. I would have allowed but why lie? Rachna, it's first she lied to me. The thing is -" I was cut off. Not because of someone's voice but because of my mind. A main thing that didn't come in my mind, entered just now. How could I not notice it? By thinking of the same thing, my heart broke again.

"What thing?" She asked.

"Rachna, why did Samaira lie?" I asked, wanting to ring the same bell that just rang in mine.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Why did Samaira decided to lie?" I repeated.

"Because of her marriage?" She replied but it came more like question.

"Yes. She never lied until Sidhant entered her life. She never did and I bet she never thought even but she did now. She lied. She lied to me, since the moment Sidhant entered her life." I said and my heart was breaking more and more in a million pieces as I voiced my thoughts.

"What is the point?" Rachna asked.

"The point is that Sidhant is changing our daughter. It's all because of Sidhant. He has changed our daughter." I said.

"What? Viren, you are taking it to wrong way. It's nothing like that. Sidhant loves our daughter." She said.

"I am not questioning his love. All I am saying is, Sidhant unknowingly is changing my little princess. You tell me, would she lie if Sidhant never came in her life?" I asked.

"No but-" I cut her off.

"You also agree. The thing that is breaking my heart is the question in my mind." I said and I felt vulnerable for no reason.

"What question?" She asked.

"Is Sidhant more important to Samaira than me?" I voiced the main thing that just entered in my mind.

She became silent.

"Is he more important and precious to her that she decided to lie to me for him? Every parent wants their daughter to say truth. She used to but she changed because of Sidhant. Is he more important to her?" I voiced my insecurities. The insecurities of every dad.

"Viren-" I again cut her off.

"I took my decision." I said as I got up from the bed and moved to Samaira's room with Rachna hot on my heel. She tried to stop me and ask me my decision but I didn't stop and didn't answer her questions.

Hey readers!
How are you all? First of all, sorry for late update. I just got sick in between. So sorry!!!
Secondly, how was the update? Had anyone thought that story would take such a turn? Now what do you think, our daddy's decision would be?
Stay tuned!
Don't be a silent reader!
Do tell me your views!
Love you all,
Nikki:)