Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Selena’s POV:

“Demi I have a problem.” I said into the phone.

“Selena, you just got back—how can you have a problem already?”

“Well after you all left yesterday, Justin showed up.” I began.

“You mean Justin actually came?”

“Yep. He asked me to lunch, since he didn’t make it to my welcome back party you guys threw for me.”

“And what did you say?”

“Well at first I was hesitant, but he said he wasn’t going to take no for an answer so I said yes. He got excited and picked me up and began spinning me around.” I said smiling at the thought of what happened yesterday.

“What’s the problem about that?” Demi asked confused.

“Well—Kaylie walked in. And she called me ‘mommy’.” I said and Demi gasped.

“Does he know its—“

“No, he doesn’t know it’s his. I didn’t tell him all that info. I basically kicked him out the house.”

“Are you still meeting him for lunch?”

“Yeah—and get this. I have to take Kaylie.”

“Why do you have to take Kaylie?”

“She basically forced me. She said how come she has met all my other friends, except Justin. And I know Kaylie—if she is anything like Justin and I—she will not take no for an answer.” I chuckled slightly.

“Yeah, she is all you and Justin alright.” Demi chuckled. “So are you still meeting him for lunch?”

“Yeah, I can’t just bail.” I sighed. “Then he’ll diffidently be asking me questions. Maybe he won’t ask me questions if Kaylie is next to me.”

“MOMMY!” I heard Kaylie yell.

“Speaking of the devil, she’s yelling for me.” I laughed. “I’ll talk to you later Dems.”

“Okay Sel. Have fun!” Demi said then hung up.

“What Kaylie?” I yelled back.

She soon walked into my room and crawled on my bed. “What time do we go met your friend?” Kaylie asked.

“One o’clock.” I smiled. She looked at the clock beside my bed and read 10:37a.m.

“Ugh, we still got a long time before we go meet him.” Kaylie huffed and I smiled.

“Well I’m glad you’re excited to meet my friend.”

And scared.

“Selly!” Gracie said coming into my room.

“What Grace?” I asked as she and Jazzy stood in my door way.

“Are you going anywhere?”

“Yeah, Kaylie and I are meeting Justin for lunch.” I said.

“Oh does Justin know—“Gracie began but I began shaking my head and she stopped talking.

“Why you ask?” I asked her.

“Because I was gonna ask if you could drop Jazzy and I off to our friend Nia’s house?” Gracie said. “We haven’t seen her since school ended for summer break, and she asked if we wanted to hang out at her house with the other girls. And since mom and dad are at work, I was gonna see if you didn’t mind.”