Chapter 23

JELENASUS LIVES!

Chapter 23:

Selena’s POV:

“How does it feel to be home?” Demi asked me.

Ariana, Demi and I were all at my house, in the backyard patio having ‘girl time’. It’s been 2 days since I’ve been home from the hospital, and I’m just happy to be away from all that nasty hospital food, even though I never ate it. I’ve always had someone bring me something to eat so I wouldn’t starve.

“It’s been so divine.” I said dramatically slumping down in my seat, and both Ariana and Demi chuckled.

“Well I’m glad you’re happy to be home.” Ariana said before taking a sip from her lemonade.

“So Selena, have you talked to Justin?” Demi asked, narrowing her eyes. Instead of answering her I just slid down lower in my seat sipping my drink avoiding her question.

“See I knew you would be avoiding him!” Demi exclaimed.

“Sel, why are you ignoring Justin?” Ariana whined. “He loves you.”

“It’s not like I’m totally avoiding him,” I said shrugging my shoulders, “I mean I have to see him when I drop Kaylie off at his house, or he drops Kaylie off at my house or to pick her up.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Selena I swear you are so stubborn.” Demi huffed crossing her arms.

“I am not!” I defended.

“Selena yes you are. Ever since we were little you were always stubborn.” Demi said.

“And I know you’re stubborn because you were like that in high school.” Ariana chuckled.

“Whatever.” I mumbled.

“Selena, why won’t you give Justin a chance; you love him, and he loves you. Everyone knows that. Just give the guy a break. He wants to be a real family with you and Kaylie, and maybe some more kids down the line.” Demi said.

I raised up in my seat a little. “Demi I know that, it’s just—I don’t know. What if we do give this a try and it doesn’t work out? Not only will I be devastated but so will Kaylie. She will be heart broken that she won’t have her parents together, and more siblings.”

“Selena, you and Justin will work out,” Ariana began, “Wanna know why; because you two have such a strong bond. You both are totally head over heels in love with each other—ever since senior year in high school.

“Sel, Ariana is right, you and Justin’s bond is like no other.” Demi said. “And plus I don’t think Justin minds starting the baby-making business soon.” Demi chuckled, and Ariana and I joined in laughing also.

“Yeah you’re right. But I still need a little more time to think.” I said.

“Selena, you’ve been thinking for two days straight, that’s more than enough time.” Demi said.

I groaned placing my head in my hands. I know Demi and Ariana both are right, but it’s still too much to be thinking about right now.

“Why is love so difficult?” I asked looking up at the sky, as if I would get an answer.

“Because it’s love baby cakes.” Ariana said patting my shoulder.

“I’m going to get some wine—maybe even whiskey.” I said getting up from my seat. “Do you want some Ariana? I know Demi won’t pass—“