that cut like a blade

warnings: suicide attempt. Harry's gonna have a mental battle in this chapter and if things like that are triggering, it's okay for you to skip this chapter.

...

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Was the first thing said to Harry as he entered his room. With wide eyes, he looked over at Louis, who was sitting on his bed.

Jay was off today, so she drove all of the kids (including Harry) to school and picked them up so Louis could have the day to himself. Which, naturally, he spent trying to figure out how to ask Harry to be his boyfriend, after much thought the night before.

Louis was nervous about asking the question, but after that kiss... It was meant to be. Their lips belonged together and it all just seemed right to him. He wanted to be with Harry.

"What?" Harry asked, dropping his school bag off by his desk.

"Will you be my boyfriend? Like, officially." Louis asked, biting his bottom lip nervously. Harry's mouth opened and closed a few times, unsure of how to answer. He looked up at Louis again and opened his mouth,

"I-I," He stuttered, a feeling of anxiety growing inside him. "I have to go." Harry shook his head, rushing out of the room. He ran past Jay and the kids, too occupied on getting out of that house to notice. Louis trailed behind him, begging him to come back.

"H! Please, I'm sorry!" Louis yelled, stopping when he got to the living room. The front door slammed shut and he looked down in defeat, tears starting to fall.

"Oh, Lou. What happened?" Jay asked sympathetically, passing Doris off to Lottie so she could give Louis a hug.

"Yesterday, he took me to a really pretty field to draw and he just kissed me out of no where. It felt so good, mum. His lips are so soft and warm, it felt so right. We kissed for a while and then we came home. When he got home today I asked him to be my boyfriend, I was gonna give him this drawing that I did of him the first time we met. Daisy knocked his stuff over and he just looked so breathtaking that I had to remember to draw it. But then he got freaked out, I guess, because he just said he had to go and then he just ran out." Louis finished with a shaky sigh, wiping the tears from his cheeks.

"Give him a little bit of time, yeah? Let him clear his head. You two can talk it through tonight. Go upstairs and get some rest, okay? I'll bring you up some dinner when it's ready." Jay brushed some hair from Louis' face, then placed a kiss on his forehead. The boy nodded and turned around, walking up the stairs with his shoulders hunched forward in defeat.

When he got to his room, he immediately turned the lights off and closed his curtains. He stripped down to his joggers and slipped under the covers, letting out a quiet breath when his head hit he pillow.

...

Harry didn't go far. He ran to the lake where he used to sit by and write. He sat down in the trimmed grass and looked at the water, letting out a small whimper at how fast his mind was racing.

So many thoughts.

He wanted to say yes to Louis. The kiss that they shared meant so much more to him than the pitiful sympathy kisses he received from Nick after they fucked. When he kissed Louis, he felt safe. He felt like Louis had ignited a fire inside him, and God, did he love that feeling.