im a walking travesty

"What're you doing, love?" Louis' voice was soft and gentle, it had an instant soothing effect on Harry.

"Looking at pictures of Nick and I," He replied, moving the box so Louis could sit next to him. "This one was for his 17th birthday. We'd been dating for a little while before this,"

 We'd been dating for a little while before this,"

"You look happy." Louis observed, not being able to help the fond smile when he saw Harry's dimples. "Were you?"

"I don't remember. I never really was happy around him, so probably not." Harry shook his head, pulling out another picture. He looked down at it with a frown, "it still feels surreal. Like I'm gonna wake up one morning and be back in my parents house and have to sneak Nick out before no one notices. I hope it isn't a dream. Don't think I could last much longer living like that," he whispered, biting his lip to hold back tears.

"Hey, love. It's not a dream, I promise." Louis spoke softly, cupping Harry's face in his hands. He leaned forward and brushed their lips together gently, resting his forehead against his lovers. "Let's get back to packing, yeah? Get your mind off things." He suggested, pressing a kiss to Harry's nose.

The curly haired boy nodded in agreement, closing the box. It was full of pictures of him and Nick, and little memories he had collected over the years. He wanted to get rid of it when they moved, but he just couldn't let it go yet without looking through it one last time.

The two of them were in the process of moving from their flat to a small house in Cheshire. There was a great position open for an art teacher and Lit teacher that Harry and Louis jumped at the first second they heard about it. They had both recently finished Uni and were certified teacher in their respective areas.

Harry hadn't had a fit in nearly three months. His medicine was helping him more and more each day. Though, he had to give Louis some credit as well. Louis was there whenever he had troubles or felt like he might slip up. Always there with a warm cuppa and soothing words.

Harry never imagined his life would turn out like this. He had a loving boyfriend, they were moving into a comfortable house together, they both got into the Uni of their dreams and graduated at the top of their classes, and they had their dream jobs waiting for them. His life was definitely something out of his dreams.

If you would have asked him back in high school where he saw himself in two years time, he would have laughed and probably said he'd be dead.

And truly, he's never felt more alive.

..

463 words.