like a hurricane

BETTER OFF DEAD IS AT 1K READS IM HONESTLY SO SHOOK ASDFGHJKL

...

"Why can't you just stay?" Louis whined, looking at Harry over his laptop screen.

"L, I can't stay here forever. Your mum has been so wonderful to me the past couple of months," Harry explained with a sigh.

Harry had graduated today. Louis' mum took the kids out in celebration of Lottie getting promoted to her final year of high school. Louis and Harry decided to stay home.

It wasn't until a few minutes ago that Harry told Louis about his plan to move out in a week or so. He figured Louis would be understanding and help him pick out a place– but God, was he wrong.

"Do you not want to live with me?" Louis mumbled, looking down.

"Louis! You're being overdramatic." Harry rolled his eyes, typing away on his laptop.

"Really? I'm overdramatic?" Harry raised his eyebrow and looked at the older boy, shaking his head.

"Lou, I just want to get my own place so I can do my own thing. I never said you couldn't come with me." He shook his head again, "now that Lottie is older she can take care of the younger girls and you can come with me and even go to Uni! We can both get jobs and live together."

Louis stayed silent for a moment, biting his bottom lip. "I'll have to talk to my mum about it first..." He trailed off, "I'm sorry for over reacting, I just got scared. I don't want anything bad to happen to you," Harry bit his lip.

Once Harry had agreed to seeing someone to help with his personality disorder, they diagnosed that he does have Borderline Personality Disorder. Ever since then, Harry goes in twice a week to talk to his therapist. Harry hasn't mentioned his self harm – and no one ever bothered to check him for it.

He's been hurting himself still, but it's been getting progressively worse each time. Last night he nearly fainted just from the sight of all of the blood. Every time he does it, a part of him wants to run to Louis for help, but then he starts to realise that he already dumps enough shit on Louis' plate.

Plus, Louis may be able to deal with Harry being an emotional fuck, but an emotional fuck that cuts himself to feel better? That's a new one.

Harry knows that keeping secrets from Louis isn't fair – especially not when Louis tells him everything – but Harry just knows that this is different. He knows that Louis would see him differently, and that is the last thing he wants.

"You alright, love? Got really quiet and just starin' off into space for a bit there." Louis murmured, wrapping an arm around the curly haired boys shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." Harry pulled a tight smile, leaning into Louis' hold. "I have to go go therapy soon, it's almost four."

"When you get back we can celebrate!" Louis smiled, kissing Harry's temple. "When I graduated last year, my mum bought me a cupcake and took us to Macca's." He shook his head with a sigh.

"But was it a good cupcake?" Harry raised his eyebrow and chuckled, getting up so he could walk over to the closet and change out of his cap and gown.

"I suppose it was alright. Do you want me to drive you to your appointment? I have to pick up some things from the store for mum anyway." The green eyed boy nodded, slipping on a sweater quickly. He pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans and put his hair up in a quick bun before he grabbed his phone and wallet from the dresser.

"We can go now, she usually takes me early on Friday's." The older boy hummed in response, slipping his hand into Harry's as they walked downstairs. Louis grabbed a piece of paper with the things he needed to get off the counter before grabbing his keys.

"Lou?" Harry bit his lip, playing with the boys hand while he drove. He hummed again, silently encouraging Harry to continue. "If we do end up living together, you know you can go back to school, right?"

"H, I don't think it's that simple. I probably don't even have the scholarship anymore. Even if I did, I'd have to get a job so we can afford the flat."

"Babe, I told you not to worry about that. I have money, I want to get the flat. At least until the two of us are stable enough at school to get jobs. I don't want there to be any stress." Harry shook his head, squeezing Louis' hand.

"But–"

"No. No but's. Look, we can discuss it more tonight, yeah? Just think about it. For me?" Harry pouted, leaning over to kiss Louis' cheek.

"Fine. I'll be back in an hour to pick you up." Louis rolled his eyes jokingly, turning his head to give Harry a quick kiss. "See you soon, love."

"Bye." Harry smiled at him, getting out of the car so he could walk into the building.

...

"How was it?"

Harry shrugged, pulling his knee up to his chest as he sat in the car. Louis bit his lip and stole a glance over at the boy, knowing that he was going through one of his moods. He decided that it might be best to stay silent and not push the boy for any answers.

Louis had caught on quickly to the different moods that Harry has, and he's learned the best ways to deal with each of them.

When Harry was in this mood, it was best to not make him talk. Usually a relaxing bath with some music would help him.

As an added measure, Louis put his hand on Harry's knee and rubbed it gently– a small gesture that the younger boy was grateful for. He didn't like this mood; it made him feel empty and hopeless. It was hard when he's been trying so hard to be happy and get better and then in less than a minute it's like he's back in that dark place and it seems like theres no hope – like there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Though this mood didn't last long, it was a very tough one to go through.

So when Louis pulled up to their home, he waited by the door for Harry to join him before he lead the boy upstairs and into the bathroom. He turned the water on and poured some bubble bath in, then turned to light some candles. "Stay in here for a bit and relax, okay, bubs? I'll grab my sketchbook and wait outside the door in case you need me." Louis murmured softly, pushing a strand of hair behind Harry's ear.

The green eyed boy nodded the slightest bit and waited until Louis was completely out of the room and the door was shut before he grabbed the blade from the drawer and started to undress. He kept his blade tucked away in a mint container that no one likes, stashed underneath the paper that held the mints.

Before he got into the tub, he knocked on the door three times to let Louis know that he was safe. It was a signal that the latter of the two had created after learning that Harry wasn't too fond of talking when he got in certain moods.

Oblivious to what was happening behind the door, Louis sat outside and began to sketch a couple of flowers while he waited for Harry. Some people may think he was being creepy and overprotective – but when you have a boyfriend as unstable as Harry, you need to be ready at any moment to take care of them. It's not to say that Louis was fond of having to watch Harry a lot of the time, but he still did it because he loves the boy and wants to be there to help him.

And that's what Harry needs now. Especially with the way things are about to change as he gets his flat with Louis and transitions into Uni life.

...

1410 words.