i was careful and cool

"G'morning, sunshine." Harry groaned, yanking a pillow over his head.

"Go away." He mumbled, curling his body into a ball under the covers.

"C'mon, darling! I'm gonna make breakfast and then we can either cuddle and watch movies all day or go out if you want." Louis murmured with a smile, scooting closer to Harry so he squirm under the covers and kiss Harry's chest. "Wake up, love."

"Can we just cuddle?" Harry spoke softly, taking in a sharp breath when he felt Louis' cold lips ghost over his skin.

"As long as I can kiss you," Louis answered back just as softly, kissing up Harry's chest. Once he reached the younger's lips, he leaned in slowly, giving Harry plenty of time to pull away if he needed to.

He didn't– in fact, he placed his hand on Louis' cheek and brought him closer to deepen the kiss. Louis let out a breath through his nose, sighing happily against Harry's lips. He brought his hand to Harry's hip and applied a small amount of pressure, his nails digging into the soft flesh gently. He was testing the waters, trying to see what Harry enjoyed.

Harry moaned at the gesture and reached down to move Louis' hand back to his hip, closer to his bum. Once he put his own hand back on Louis' cheek, he pulled away slightly and bit down on the boy's bottom lip, giving it a gentle tug.

"Such a tease," Louis mumbled with a smile, grabbing Harry's hip to reconnect their lips. He waited a few seconds before sliding his tongue against Harry's lip, his hand moving to grasp Harry's bum.

Harry let out a quiet squeak, happily parting his lips. He pushed his bum back against Louis' hand and reached down a little to put his hand on the shorter boy's neck. Louis kneaded Harry's ass, loving the moans he received.

"We should stop," Harry mumbled against his lips, pulling away slightly. "Because neither of us will be able to if we keep going."

Louis let out a breathy laugh and nodded, "you're right. Plus, we're still under a blanket." The two laughed and emerged from under the sheets, Louis instantly pulling the younger boy close by his waist. "Feelin better?"

"A little," Harry admitted, pulling the blanket up to his chin.

"Can we talk about something?" Louis asked quietly, biting his bottom lip. Harry nodded, his eyebrow raised in anticipation. "It's about your personality..." He said softly.

"Okay, I guess." Harry shrugged, encouraging Louis to continue.

"I was looking it up last night, and I think we should look into getting you to see someone about it." He said cautiously, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth again.

"Like a therapist?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, I think that it could benefit you a lot, especially after what happened yesterday. Harry, I don't know if you really understand this, but I really care about you. Not just in a romantic way, but as a friend." Harry nodded, showing little expression to Louis.

"So you think I'm crazy?" He asked, "cool. You only want me to go to therapy because you want to clear your conscious." Harry nodded, throwing the blankets off his body. "How sweet of you." He scoffed.

"What? Harry, no. I never said I think you're crazy, and I want you to see someone because I think it will help you overcome this, not because I need to clear my conscious." Louis quickly replied, getting out of bed as well.

"Do you even care about me?" Harry asked with tears in his eyes.

"I just told you that I do." He tried to remain cool, knowing that if he went off on Harry even in the slightest bit he'd end up causing something bigger.

"You probably want me to kill myself. You probably felt so relieved yesterday-"

"Don't you ever say that, Harry. Almost losing you yesterday was the scariest moment of my life. When you called me– Fuck, Harry. I felt like my world was crashing down. I couldn't even breathe, all I could think about was getting to you before something happened." Louis felt tears welling up again, so he stepped closer to the curly haired boy. "We've barely known each other for long and it scares me sometimes how attached I am to you, and I need you to be okay. I want you to be okay."

Harry stayed silent. Louis could almost see the people talking in his head as he had a personal debate over what to say.

"Can you leave?" Harry asked quietly, not meeting Louis' eyes. Louis felt his shoulders drop in defeat, but he nodded.

"Of course. I'll just be downstairs if you need anything." He tried his best to smile before turning to head out of the room. Once he was gone and the door closed, Harry covered his mouth with his hand and let out a muffled sob, shaking his head.

He slid down the wall, using his free hand to bring his knees up to his chest, feeling a small sense of comfort in being folded in on himself.

Louis had just confessed his feelings for Harry without a second thought, and all Harry did was tell him to get out. He hated himself so much in that very moment– he knew he was going to hurt himself that night. He debated briefly on telling Louis and asking him for help, but after how Harry reacted to him earlier, the idea was quickly ruled out.

Harry remained in the same position for a while before he felt stable enough to stretch his legs out and slowly get up. He looked at the bed and bit his lip, feeling tears fill up his eyes once again.

He was going to take a shower and afterwards, he planned to go to Louis' room and admit his own feelings toward the boy. As well as agree to see someone, because as much as the voices fought against him, Harry was tired of listening to them and not be in control of his own mind and emotions.

..

1064 words.

1/18/16