but i was carried away

It's been two days since Harry self harmed. His wrist was red and puffy, the skin around the cut was a deep purple shade and he was starting to get worried. Every small movement made him ache or hurt. He was worried Louis was starting to question why he'd always hide his wrist now.

"It's hot out today, love. Why don't you wear that Rolling Stones shirt?" Louis raised his eyebrow. The two where going shopping today for a few things they needed around the flat.

"It's cold in the mall, Lou. You know that," Harry smiled playfully, grabbing Louis' keys from the counter. "C'mon, so we can get done in time to hit Nando's for lunch."

The couple spent most of their day at the mall shopping for odds and ends that they needed. Louis also picked up a few new Adidas jumpers and Harry got some more notebooks.

Once they returned to their flat, Harry set up his 'office' in the living room and started to get to work on some homework he had been putting off for most of the week. Currently, he had to write an unnecessarily long essay on Edgar Allan Poe and his effect on modern day millennials. Truthfully, Harry had no idea what to write so he was trying his best to bullshit around the topic and meet the length requirement.

On the other side of the living room, Louis sat on the floor under the window and worked on a 3D Art project for his class. He was assigned to create his very own superhero and then construct said superhero out of any medium he feels fit. Louis decided to create a superhero based off of Harry, who's superpower was to defeat evil villains while trying to defeat villains inside his own mind at the same time. He didn't have a name for the hero yet, but he had begun constructing him out of cardboard and card stock. 

Throughout the remainder of the day the two boys sat in a comfortable silence. Harry turned some music on once he first sat down but turned the volume almost all the way down, just so there would be a soft melody in the background while they worked. Once every hour or so Louis would make them both some tea and give Harry a kiss on the head, ruffle his curls and remind the boy that he loved him. Harry would respond by blushing and saying that he loved Louis as well.

Once nine p.m rolled around, Harry saved his document and closed his laptop with a loud sigh. He pushed his chair back and stood up, stretching his back out until he heard a satisfying crack. Louis got up as well after he cleaned up the stray cardboard trimmings and crumbled up card stock. The pair decided to pick up some food from their new favorite restaurant down the road. Harry ordered it and then twenty minutes later Louis was on his way to collect it.

After Louis left, Harry rolled his sleeve up cautiously and took the gauze off. He looked at the angry red marks on the top end of his wrist and bit his lip as he watched the marks get deeper the farther up he went. Once he laid eyes on the particularly deep cut he had made, he started feeling lightheaded again. While taking the gauze off he ripped some of it open again, causing blood to start pouring out once again. He quickly grabbed a couple of paper towels and pressed them to the wound, squeezing his eyes shut at the sudden pressure.

He was pressing too hard but he needed to stop the bleeding before Louis returned and freaked out. Harry turned his head and bit down on his bottom lip again, pressing fresh paper towels to the wound. He let out a painful moan and closed his eyes for a second time. His eyes, however, shot open when he heard the front door start to open.

"That girl that gave me the food was such a bitch–" The voice stopped mid sentence. Harry kept the paper towel against his wrist and quickly tried to roll his sleeve down. "H! Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine! I just got a paper cut," Harry mentally slapped himself for the stupid response - there wasn't even a piece of paper near him.

"Harry..." Louis trailed off, walking closer to the boy. He set the food down on the counter and reached out cautiously, "please don't lie to me."