a handful of moments

The adjustment into flat living was surprisingly easy for the two boys. Louis had spent his time finding a suitable flat just outside of London while Harry spent his time applying to more University's and finding thrifted furniture for their place.

Louis was reluctant to leave his mum alone, but after she assured him multiple times that Lottie could help her with the younger kids, he finally gave in. It was hard, but he knew Lottie would do a good job of helping.

The first week living alone was a strange adjustment for Louis. He's so used to being surrounded by people and toys that waking up to an empty flat when Harry would be at therapy was a struggle for him. He was beginning to get used to it, though. He just wasn't sure how well he would do once Harry went to Uni in the fall.

...

"I'm just stuck, Harry. You're going to Uni in a few weeks and I don't even have a job." Louis sighed, putting his head in his hands.

"What do you mean, Lou?" Harry raised his eyebrow, putting his hands on Louis' shoulders so he could give them a light massage.

"Fuck, H. I feel like a failure." The blue eyed boy shook his head, frustrated tears forming as he spoke.

"But you're going to Uni? I don't get how that makes you a failure, love."

Louis picked his head up and raised his eyebrow, turning slightly so he could look at the curly haired boy. "I'm not going to Uni? I never applied anywhere. And that scholarship was only good for a certain amount of time."

"I know, that's why I had your mum give me the information and I called the school to see what I could do. You start a week after I do," Harry tried to hide his grin, watching a sparkle form in the eldest's eyes.

"Are you serious?" He yelped, springing up from his seat. "Oh my God, Harry! This is my fucking dream, I can't believe you did this for me!" Wrapping his arms around the taller boy, Louis picked him up and twirled him as best as he could without Harry's lanky legs flailing too much.

"You deserve this, Lou. You're so good at art and I can see it in your eyes that this is something you've always wanted. After everything that you've done for me, I know this doesn't make up for all of it, but I wanted to give you a bit of happiness after all the happiness you gave me." Harry explained, putting his arms around Louis' shoulders. The latter of the two simply shook his head, his smile glowing too much for him to even try to speak – so instead he settled for cupping Harry's cheek and pressing a firm, yet warm, kiss on his lips.

"You're incredible, Harry. So incredible." He mumbled into the kiss, using his free hand to pull the boy closer.

"I know," Harry answered cheekily, smiling into their kiss.

...

As far as Louis could tell, Harry seemed to be getting better. His mood swings weren't as drastic. He still got them almost as much as he always did, but they were a lot more subtle than the where a few months ago.

It was good. Everything was finally going according to Harry's plan. He had made it almost an entire year of dating Louis and being around that family and no one had noticed his self harming. Maybe because him and Louis hadn't gone farther than just making out, or maybe its because he keeps up with the weather and makes sure he leaves certain parts of his body clean in case someone where to ask and want to see proof.

He was starting school on Monday, all afternoon classes, and things were going good. He was majoring in English and hoping to become an English teacher as well as an author. Louis was starting school the following Monday and was able to get morning classes so he could work the afternoons and be home early enough to spend time with Harry.