calm before storm

The chitter chatter, laughter , the sound of  the plates meeting with the chopsticks as the food was being devoured ,all was happy and in peace at the moment at the higurashi’s house that was situated beside the shrine .

The four usual occupants of the house and plus the presence of the demon lord sitting at the dinner table and eating human food  was indeed the strange sight to come upon but this can also be called one of the most peaceful moment there like no other.

‘’so sesshomaru can you tell me about your cool powers?’’asked sota excitedly while looking at sesshou like he was the most amazing and coolest hero in the world

‘’hn I will show you in the morning if your sister agrees?’’sesshomaru replied as they both looked at kagome who was talking with her mother and grandpa .she saw eyes on her so she turned toward them and asked smiling ‘’what is it guys??’’

‘’kagome can sesshomaru show me his powers in the morning please pretty please I will be good boy I promise’’sota pleaded with his sister with puppy  eyes

‘’hmm you can but you will stay a safe distance away and you do know sota that those puppy eyes don’t work on me’’kagome said while smirking and nodded toward sesshomaru to give her consent to their display . sota pouted for a moment but then cheered and thanked her and then resumed while again turning toward sesshou and asked him about his battles .

While kagome’s  grandpa still was weary of sesshomaru and kagome’s youkai appearance but after some time he calmed and talked to both sesshomaru and kagome like it was normal.

As the time to sleep approached all retired to their rooms with kagome she was a little embarrassed about their sleeping arrangement where sesshomaru would be sleeping with her in her room only as he had made perfectly clear that he will sleep in kagome’s room only whether in her bed or on the floor that does not matter as he does not want to part with kagome while being in the unknown world .

Kagome hurried to bathroom to freshen up and calm down her racing heart . sesshou saw how nervous she was and to alleviate her embarrassment he chose to just sit on the chair and relax as he does not require much sleep but kagome need to rest for the upcoming battle but He will have His way  He smirked.

As she came out,she saw sesshomaru resting on her chair with his eyes closed but she knew he was not asleep just now and after seeing him there sitting uncomfortably she felt that she was the reason he was resting and not in the soft comfort of bed.

She sighed and called sesshou and offered him to sleep in the bed. He opened one eye and asked if she will also sleep with him.she blushed hotly but shock her head.at that sesshomaru narrowed his eyes and then closed them refusing to move from his chair.

‘’urgh come on sesshou I told you , you could sleep there what else do you want ? why are you refusing?’’kagome  fumed and stomed her foot like a child
And before she could blink he had moved from his seat and was lying on the bed with her beside him .her head resting on his well sculpted chest with his hand tightly wrapped around her waist

‘’I want this I want you to too sleep here on this bed my love’’sesshomaru replied huskily as he growled in a way that was having a calming effect on kagome as she struggled to keep her conscious but it was becoming difficult minute by minute.
‘’but sesshou…’’she whined sleepily
‘’no buts dear just and relax we have a big day coming soon you need all your energy ‘’sesshou said in a calming voice as he closed his eyes and started nuzzling her neck .

Soon they both fell asleep.
Morning rays came as the birds chirped to wake up the residence of the house but that was unnecessary as all were awake by then and were having breakfast .it was quiet at the table because today was the day that the little miko would again be going to the battle filled era

‘’So sesshou you can show sota your powers and then we will go is that all right?’’ kagome asked the lord
‘’  hn be prepared kagome’’ said the fully back to lord appearance sesshomaru as he stood and walked out the house with a very bouncy kid and a curious old man behind him

After an hour ,the strongest couple stood before the well house ,with determined faces and little anxiousness inside their heart. they both looked at each other with kagome sniffing as she wiped her face of the tears that has been when shed when they left kagome’s human family behind. they both knowing without exactly knowing they would not be able to again meet each other for a long time .

Kagome looked back to the door and then at sesshou as she felt his arms wrap around and drew her in warm embrace of his.
‘’lets go sesshomaru’’she mumbled from his chest as he jumped down the well house .
They both could feel it as they arrived at the feudal era that it was too quiet to be considered a good sigh. As they both felt what was coming.

And soon they were running to their friends and awaited the arrival of the dark

##the battle is coming soon and as is the end of this story .hope you liked it ^^ just two or three chap left now!!!!!
#thank you for your vote , comments and messages~