elevens return-001

mike wasn't mike anymore.
mike was always tired, not sleeping from the reoccurring nightmares of eleven and the faceless monster disappearing into dust right before his eyes. his grades dropped massively, missing most of his school days to wonder around hawkins in search of el and even when he was at school his mind was elsewhere. he didn't talk to anyone, his friends learned to forget eleven and how much they missed the little girl who moved shit with her mind so they could move on with life. only will knew what mike was going through, knowing what it was like to just have your life flipped upside down in just a week.

will had wanted to become an actor, learning he had mastered fake laughing and smiling and learning excuses from class like pieces of script. mike didn't know if he was happy for will or envious. he'd gotten something good out of the mess, but mike was just broken hearted.

three years later, on november sixth was the 'memorial of wills disappearance' as everyone had called it in hawkins. but mike called it the 'commencement of hell week'. mike had been with his friends and family all day, laughing and smiling as if everything was okay. mike had changed a lot. he'd learned the skills that will had done, and he'd changed. he was fifteen now, he'd grown and had most definitely he'd grown into his looks.

he still ran. he ran to mirkwood as soon as he got the chance to. the breeze of cold November air hit his face and ran through his curled hair but he didn't care at this point.
"eleven?"
"el?"
"it's mike, please.."
mike cried to himself, a box of eggos and his jacket in his hand in case he saw her.
"mike?"
it was her.
it had to be her,
or was he imagining it again?
"eleven, where are you?" the tall boy shouted, his hazel eyes wide as he looked around frantically. mike ran toward where he'd heard the voice coming from, seeing what looked like eleven curled up on the ground near a tree.
her pulse was practically nonexistent, her skin ice cold to the touch. without hesitation, mike picked her up in his arms easily as he ran home. she was light, lighter than any human should be. then again she hadn't eaten properly for three years, mike was amazed how she'd survived.

the boy ran back to his house, slamming the door open. his parents and holly had been out, looking at schools for the little girl to join the next semester. only nancy was home, as she was still packing for college. "nance!" mike screamed, shutting the door with his foot before running into the living room with the girl passed out in his arms. he heard her stomping down the stairs, yelling "what do you want?". nancy stopped taking in shock, seeing eleven lay down on her father's lazyboy. she immediately ran to his aid, trying to get her to wake up.

after half an hour, the girl gasped awake as she bolted upright. el felt a hand holding hers, looking to see mike. she gasped softly, tears starting to well in her eyes. mike, however had wide eyes. she was beautiful, even though her body was bloody and bruised to him she was gorgeous. he grinned widely, tackling the tiny girl into a hug, muttering to himself,
"i love you, so so much.."