girlfriend

He shouldn't have been jealous, he had no reason to be. She was his, and in return he was hers. But when he saw her, his El, talking to the captain of the football team it sucked massively. He was tall, but shorter than Mike. He had sickeningly blonde hair that was sort of wavy, and bright blue eyes. He was muscular, with tanned skin. Mike just couldn't seem to catch a break. 

Ever since the last 'incident' all of the party had been getting into shape. Max had joined football, knowing she could increase her stamina. El joined Cheerleading, knowing she could make some friends there as well as improve her strength. Lucas, Dustin, and Mike were working out every single day without fail. Mike still remembered the night El's first disappeared, how he couldn't carry her and how utterly embarrassing it had been. He'd improved, and definitely became less lanky, but he still wasn't the football captain. 

Mike stood at his locker, angrily putting his books away and thanking God that school was finished. He felt familiar arms wrap around his waist from behind, and a smile crept onto his lips no matter how mad he'd been before.

"Hey, babe." She said softly, pressing a kiss to his shoulder blade through his shirt. Mike's eyes widened, since when the fuck had they had names like that for each other? He wasn't complaining. 

"Hey, Ellie. Still okay to come to mine?" He asked, turning to wrap her up in his embrace. El rested her head on his chest, shutting her eyes peacefully. She nodded a 'yes', before pressing another kiss to the center of his chest. He leaned back onto his locker, letting out a quiet chuckle. 

"Why are you so affectionate today?" He teased, moving up a hand to run his fingers through her untamable curls. Her hair was long, down to the middle of her back in ringlets. Mike couldn't help but mess with it from time to time.

"Just missed you. We still going to yours?" She asked, pressing her lips to his softly. Mike's eyes widened for a split second before falling shut. Kissing her felt normal, safe. The feeling of her warm lips on his gave him an anchor, that she was with him and she was safe. Mike pulled away, grinning ear to ear like a cheshire cat as he nodded. He leaned in once more, before-

"Hey, heart-eyes!" The all-too-familiar voice of their zoomer echoed through the corridor, the red-head skipping down the corridor with her skateboard in hand. El released herself from Mike's arms, not before kissing his cheek, to wrap her best friend in a hug.

"El, my love!" Max squealed, bursting into laughter. El laughed too, almost falling down onto the floor with the velocity of speed Max came at her with. The two girls joked and laughed, ending with Max eventually bringing El up into her arms. 

"Michael, I'm stealing your girlfriend!" Max laughed, beginning to run down the hall with El still in her arms. Up until that point, Mike and Lucas had been pressed against the lockers with dumbgrins on their faces, watching their own girlfriend lovingly. Mike snapped out of it, chuckling. 

"I'd like to see ya try, Mayfield!"