four-eyes

mike wheeler and eleven hopper lay on his bed, doing nothing in particular. conversation had died out along with their alertness a few hours before. as her boyfriend read a new and improved dungeons and dragons master book, el played with his fingers gently, humming a soft tune under her breath. the boy lay over her, curled up on top of her. curls of raven hair lay messily on his head, curled up with his head laying on her stomach.

he winced softly, the third time in the span of a few minutes. turning her attention to him, and leaving behind her random train of thought.
"mike, what's wrong?" he asked softly, running her fingers through his hair to calm him.
he averted his eyes from the book, placing it face down on the mattress as he hugged her just a little tighter.

"it's my eyes, el." he sighed, hiding his face again.
"you need to put on the glasses, it strains your eyes and it will make it worse." she chuckled quietly, cupping his chin to force his eyes up to hers.
"god, you're smart." he smiled, pressing a kiss to her lips quickly before sitting up to reach her level. mike continued to press soft kisses to the span of her tan skin.

lips.
cheeks.
nose.
forehead.

"michael!" she giggled once again. "put on the glasses, you dork."
eleven knew he was stalling, attempting to ignore the bulky glasses he was forced to wear whenever he read. personally, she found them adorable.
"okay, okay!" mike finally agreed, reaching for his glasses that sat on the nightstand and sliding him onto the bridge of his nose. he threw up his hands in a calm fashion, smiling at his girlfriend.
"see? you happy now?" he teased.
"yup." she agreed, leaning up to meet his lips.