Not Ready

HEY so this is really badly written but I had to do it to 'em. DO NOT READ if you have not seen Infinity War, because it's a big ass spoiler. It's also hella sad :)

Mike sat in the forest, seven computers and headsets around him as he sat beneath the forcefield.  His hands worked the speed of light, watching everybody's cameras as he instructed the team.

He'd been roped into helping the Avengers once he'd found out what Eleven really meant when she was accepted into an apprenticeship with Stark Industries. Mike refused to see his girlfriend get hurt, not if he wasn't by her side.

"Someone get on Vision, he needs backup ASAP." Mike said, holding his earpiece.
"Why the fuck is nobody fucking responding!" He groaned to himself, dragging his palm down his face. This was important, majorly so. They needed to win. Wakanda needed to win.

"Ellie? Cap? Somebody back him up!"
"On it, Mike." Steve said, as he breathed a sigh of relief. As Mike switched to Wanda's camera, his heart stopped.
"Guys-"
"Thanos has Vision!" Wanda screamed, and Mike was immediately contacting any warriors near their location. He wasn't a fighter, he was useless.

When Steve showed up, Mike felt a little more calm.
That lasted three seconds.
"Shit! No no no Steve get up!" Mike yelled, watching with horror as the stone was ripped from Vision's head.

"He's got the stone." He whispered, voice broken. For once, he didn't know what that meant.

-

Eleven fought off millions of those beasts, they were so reminiscent of the demodogs it almost made her laugh. But they were stealthier, much more animalistic. They were a threat, and there were too many to even count.

As another dog flew over her head and crashed on its neck, Eleven was already working on the next seven that were surrounding her. Her black and red suit was torn and bloodied, but she was okay.

Natasha was at the side of her, shooting and forcing the aliens away. The two had a close relationship, almost like a sister to El. They had a lot in common, and preferred to use their actions more than their words.

"El, get to Mike. Now."
"What? No, we have too many left to kill."
"Listen to me."
She nodded, pushing herself into the air and looking down at Natasha.
"Eleven, I love you." She said, and it sort of took her by surprise.
"I love you too, Nat." She smiled slightly, before flying down the the spot under the tower where her boyfriend sat.

"Mike, what's going on?" As soon as she came into her vision, the forcefield was down as she was pulled into his arms.
"I love you." He whispered, trying not to sob.
"I love you too." She replied, pushing her fingers through his dark curls.
"Hold onto me, Ellie." He asked, almost begged, but she never hesitated.
"M-mike? I feel- weird."
"No, no, no. Keep looking at me, that's it."
"What's happening-" she was close to tears, clutching onto him.
"It's okay, I'll see you again I promise.." he cried, holding her cheek tight in his hand.
"No- we have too much to do. W-we were gonna have a life together- Mike!" She sobbed, words broken up.
Her hand disappeared, up to her arm.
"I'm so sorry, Eleven. I love you so much."
All he was left with was her dust on the forest floor.