One and Only

Mike stood there, the soft chattering of wedding guests echoing through the church and off the high arched ceiling. His lower lip sat between his teeth, as he felt a reassuring hand belonging to Dustin on his shoulder.

"You've been on my mind
I grow fonder every day
Lose myself in time
Just thinking of your face
God only knows why it's taken me
So long to let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want"

"Don't be worried, she'll be here any second." Mike nodded as he dismissed his best friend, still having a million thoughts rushing through his head.

"I don't know why I'm scared
I've been here before
Every feeling, every word
I've imagined it all"

He looked back to see his sister sat hand-in-hand with Jonathan smiling excitedly at him. Next to them sat his Mom and Holly, chattering with her Erica who sat behind her a row. Mike couldn't help but feel slightly saddened when his Dad didn't show up by the time that the Church doors closed, then again, he knew it would be for the best. He'd already messed up so much, Mike couldn't allow this to be ruined too. It was the most important day in his life.

He'd known since he had met Elle when they were twelve that it was her, and it would always be her.

"You'll never know if you never try
To forget your past and simply be mine"

He had imagined this all in his head for years. What saved him from doing unforgivable things during the year she was gone was the simple thought of this moment. And now it was here, and Mike was pretty sure his brain had stopped working in anticipation.

But it all stopped.

"I dare you to let me be your,

As the doors creaked open, El walking arm-in-arm with Chief Hopper as her dress flowed behind her.

Your one and only

Mike felt truly frozen.

I promise I'm worthy, to hold in your arms

She was breathtaking. Her hair was in beautiful curls, flowing to her waist and graced with a veil that moved gracefully along the floor as she walked. The dress was white, and hugged her body so perfectly. Diamonds patterned across the fabric caught his eye in a trance and he couldn't seem to find away to look away, (not like he wanted to).

So come on and give me the chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts

Mad Max herself walked behind her, holding a smaller version of the roses his fiancé held. In true Max style, not a dress was in sight. Instead she wore white jeans, heeled boots and a flowing white top with lace at the top. She smirked at Mike, simply remembering the first time they'd met and how different things were.

If I've been on your mind
You hang on every word I say

El stopped in front of him, as his shaky hands moved upwards to remove the thin veil from over her face. As it was gone, Mike couldn't stop a tear falling down his cheek.

Lose yourself in time
At the mention of my name

"You look beautiful." He whispered quietly, making her blush elegantly before the priest started to speak.
-
"And now, for your vows. Michael?"

Mike grinned, holding both of El's hands in his.
"When I met you I was twelve-years-old. Nothing was the same for me after that. For a year, I replayed a singular week in my head. Every glance, every smile I treasured because it was all I had to remember. Then you came back, when we were thirteen. I was so happy from a year where I did nothing but cry and pray for you to come back. Then you did, and it was like nothing had happened. Now, we have the rest of our lives together, safe from whoever or whatever is trying to tear us apart. I love you infinitely, Eleven." Mike said, having to speak softly due to the tears falling down his freckles cheeks. Even at twenty-three, his feeling towards the girl in front of him were more powerful than she was.
"And El?"

"Mike, when I met you I was so scared. Suddenly everything changed, and I didn't know what was happening around me anymore. But I looked straight ahead at you, and I felt safe. I felt warm in the middle of the storm. You know words weren't a strong point for me, but you helped me and now I can say all of this. What I mean to say is, without you I would be lost. You're the world and more to me. I love you more than my words can express, but I know that you're my everything."

"Michael, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"El, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"You may now kiss the bride."

With that, the audience erupted into applause. Holly threw flower petals over the pair with Max at her side, grinning like maniacs. Without a second's hesitation, Mike swept up his wife to his lips, holding her tightly. As they pulled apart, he only whispered;
"I promised."