Part 1 : Background story

Roshni and Riya were best friends and grew up together in an orphanage...While Roshni finished college and took up teaching as a profession, Riya, being more ambitious secured a scholarship in the US...She went on to do a PHD in forensic science and was employed there...

Though miles apart, Riya and Roshni always kept in touch through phone calls and emails...Distance never really bothered their friendship!

Arjun works for ETF where Sameer is the chief...They are close friends too...

Arjun happens to meet Roshni through a common friend and falls in love instantly...Though she resists, she eventually falls for his charms...Arjun's family disowns him when he stands firm on his decision to marry an orphan...They get married and live happily...but the fairy tale life doesnt last long...She falls prey to the bullets of a criminal who wished to avenge Arjun...In an attempt to save his life, she loses her life...

Arjun is all broken, and though his friends try to shoulder him, he drifts away from everybody...from his social and friendly circles!!!

he becomes ruthless and wreckless most of the times...shows no pity while handling criminals which often landed him in trouble...

Then lands Riya...Almost 3 months after Roshni's death, she winds up everything in the US and comes back to India...Arjun gives her shelter in his apartment till she found a suitable place only because she was Roshni's best friend and also because she didnt have any other acquaintance in the city...He felt that Roshni's soul would be happy if he did that...somehow he didnt feel like saying "NO" when Riya insisted that she wished to stay in his house...