Part 16

Riya started breathing heavily and Arjun sensed that something was unusual'.he called for the doctor'."DOCTOR''.." his screams cut through the others like a knife'.all were dead tensed''..

Arjun was asked to go out of the room while the doctors checked her state''

After about 10 minutes, the doctor came out smiling and all wait in anticipation'

"SHE IS BACK''SAFE!"

Rathod and the team hugged Arjun and were thanking their gods for the miracle!! Rohan also hugged Arjun''Arjun also prayed silently and let out a sigh of relief!

He went in without even asking the doctor if he could'.he wanted to confirm it for himself''.The doctor understood Arjun's emotions and didn't utter a word'.

Yes, she was safe and was in a peaceful slumber''He sat by her side holding her palm in his softly caressing it so as to comfort her''..He was longing to speak to her, his ears dying to hear her chatter''..He knew that it would take time and he would have to wait''every minute went by with great difficulty'''it was a sweet torture for him'''but now he knew, he could wait all his life for her''.He sat there for hours waiting for her to open her eyes and say something to him'.The sedation and the pain killers seemed to be taking a toll on her and she seemed too tired to even respond to his caressing'

Arjun convinced the team, Sonali and Rohan to go back and rest''he assured them that he was there and would take care of Riya''.He was adamant that he wouldn't be at peace anywhere else''.. Only by Riya's side, will he find solace''.He wanted to be there when Riya opened her eyes'.he knew well that her eyes would search for him'.and he couldn't disappoint her''

He didn't leave her side even once'.the nurses and doctors were surprised by the love that a husband showered on his wife'''.it was one of its kind, rare and precious''.They thought Riya was lucky to have him''.

Finally just before dawn, Riya opened her eyes muttering''"Arjun.."

Arjun was overwhelmed hearing that'.."Riya'" he said as he leaned and went near her face''.and met her gaze''..their eyes met and there was an undescribable flow of emotions'..love, pain, relief, peace''there was a hint of complaint in his eyes too "why did you put me through such a turmoil? How will I ever forgive myself if something happened to you?? bevakoofi aur laaparwayi ki had hoti hai Riya"

As if she could read all those emotions and unsaid words from his eyes, she gave him a faint smile''

Arjun couldn't help smiling back at her''..He kissed her forehead'..there was a lone tear in her eyes'.he kissed it away with his lips''.She could feel her eyelids becoming heavy again'..she was forced to close her eyes and drift back to sleep''.

Arjun resumed back his position and waited again'''.She got up in the morning and found Arjun still sitting there holding her palm and his eyes were closed as if in a trance'..The moment she tried to move her hand, he grabbed it back firmly and opened his eyes "Riyaaa" escaped his lips as if in fear of losing her''.

She smiled and assured to him that she was alright''.her right hand was numb with pain and her back was aching too''the wound at the back was not too deep but yet was reason enough for torturing her for a few more days''

She tried to get up but he forced her to stay there'..

The doctor came up for his morning rounds and decided that she can be moved to a private room''her condition was stable and she was improving quickly'..

The ETF team arrived soon after she was shifted'..

Sonali and Arjun helped Riya sit up leaning on a pillow'.Shree used a lever and folded the upper portion of the cot to a slanting position to facilitate it''..