Part 8

His gaze was only on her...She was standing between Chotu and Sameer......He knew she was avoiding his eyes......but he had to talk to her......Before Sameer started briefing, Arjun spoke out in a stern voice......"Riya,mujhe kuch baat karni hai......zara idhar aana...."

Chotu and Shree raised their eyebrows and looked at each other....

But Riya wasn't giving up so soon......"Sir, pehle case discuss karle......sameer sir wait kar rahe hai....."

Sameer voiced in favor of Riya...."haan Arjun [he purposefully avoided calling him Rawte], kaam ke baat pehle kar lethe hain.....baaki baatein hoti hi rahegi....." [Seeing Chotu and Shree's grin and meaningful nods, sameer turned to them and in a loud voice] now FOCUS team.....

On the other hand, Arjun was fuming inside.......he was not used to such negative replies nor rejections........but he had no other go....he had to let the matter rest for some more time......but he, himself didn't know what he was going to ask her......"Riya, why did you kiss me??" was that a question?? He smacked himself.....or would he ask "Riya, what were you thinking when you did that??" How could he ask such odd questions to her??? What would she think?? He was in a strange fix!

Asking questions to criminals and accused were damn simple, he smirked to himself! Never once had he faltered like this when he asked them questions

Arjun Rawte, the super cop was confused and entangled in stupid questions...... the guy, who never once got distracted from the case was thinking of weird silly things.........ridiculous!!

He seriously had to get out of all that and get into the case........He brushed aside all other thoughts and concentrated on Sameer.......but once in a while, his eyes darted towards the lady who had done her bit of mischief and almost succeeded in knocking down the great Arjun Rawte's heart!

She stood there as if nothing happened.....as if nothing of this was even remotely related to her...She didn't even look at him.......for him, the worst part was that she looked normal and unperturbed.......

...She stood with her favorite diary, picking up instant notes and also occasionally showing off her proficiency in percentages and averages..........her indifferent attitude irked him too much that he clenched his jaws and turned away to face the wall as he usually did while discussions......

Riya's POV:

Well what did he know about the storm she was having inside her???she knew what he wanted to talk to her......but she purposefully avoided talking to him at that moment just to give it some time......some time to think sensibly and come up with a possible reason for her gesture........yes, she herself didn't know why did that in the first place.....it was in an impulse that she did that.......it wasn't pre planned at all.......Fortunately for her, even if it was unknowingly, Sameer sir did her a great help by seconding her......moreover, she didn't want to talk about it here.....

But yeah, she will talk it out and clear the air.....she wanted to clear it off her head......Only talking openly would solve it....else it would remain like a dust in the eye always.....she, herself wished to understand it better......and yeah, she didn't want Arjun to think that she had thrown herself onto him just like that......naaah....it wasn't that easy to get me back Sir.......though she spoke loads about feminism, in this matter, she wanted all initiatives from his side.........He shouldn't think that her kiss meant that she was ready for everything......she wanted to be sure of his feelings for her.....she wanted to know it from him that he loved her and wanted her as a wife........she wanted a pakka confirmation that he was ready to move on in life with her as his wife........

Unaware of all these hidden scenes, Sameer was explaining the case.......

Hum sab resort se iss tour group ke saath usi bus mein nikhlenge.........kal ke tour mein, almost dus spots cover hoga........[handing few sheets of paper to Riya, Chotu and Shree] hum iss plan ke isaab se, koyi ek spot mein uthar jaayenge....i have talked to the tour guide....they don't mind if people start venturing on their own.......its just that they wont delay the bus for us...........

Kismat Connectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें