When Worlds Collide - Chapter Eight

It felt amazing the next morning waking up to my girl. 'I'm in love with a criminal.' The words rang around my head, she loves me. She knows what I am and she still loves me! I could hear her talking to my mom in the bathroom. I'd love to be in there now helping her wash her back, sneaking kisses down her neck...

She got ready for school in my mom's bedroom. When she walked in my room I took a double take. Her hair was wavy, more natural. She had on a band tee and a pair of jeans from my mom. No denying it she looked hot. I gave a low whistle as she twirled, smiling as bright as the sun.

"You still up for a surf lesson after school?"

"I don't want to go." She sulked and lay her head on my lap. I shifted slightly so she wouldn't feel how excited I was at her closeness. "Here take them and hide them. I'll close my eyes and count to ten." She closed her eyes and held up her car keys.

"Let's go princess, time for school. Besides, you better call your parents."

****

I spent my morning finishing off the garden. Fairy lights were now tacked to the fence, I repaired the deck and I decided to finish the job by driving into town to buy some new plants as a surprise for mom. All she's talked about for years is having a nice yard so we can invite people for a barbeque, now, hopefully I've given her what she's wanted.

I bought a bouquet of red, white and yellow roses for Brooke. I decided I'd give them to her after surfing tonight. Christ I can't wait to see her... I constantly checked my phone for messages. Stan called and I hung up on him - just incase she calls.

'Hey handsome, you really should have let me stay with you, fucking assholes in this place xx' Finally!

'Sorry princess, every bad guy needs a good girl. Want me to pick you up? After school that is! Xx'

'.....yes xx'

At 2.45 I was leaning against my car, ignoring the looks of the girls staring at me. Anderson made his way outside and high fived a couple of guys. He grinned at some girl who blew him a kiss. Fucker.

I saw her, she was skipping towards me. As she reached Anderson and the group of guys and girls she stuck two fingers up at them. She ran the rest of the way towards me and jumped into my arms. "Hey handsome, let's get surfing." When she whispered in my ear like that she made every word sound so naughty.

"Mm can I pick you up everyday for this greeting?" I whispered back. "I think we'll need to wait before we meet the others." I smirked as the realization of what she does to me was spelled out across her face.

"Fuck them take me to yours."

****

I collapsed on top of her but cautious of putting my weight on her tiny body. "You're perfect." I whispered as I kissed her nose. She giggled and blushed.

"Serioulsy now, that was okay?"

"Perfect." Her hands rested on my cheeks, her thumbs rubbing my face lightly. "Hungry?" She shook her head and sighed. Her eyes bore right into my soul.

"Are you going out tonight?" She bit her lip looking nervous. I nodded not wanting to speak. "Be careful."

"Not don't do it?"

"Just don't get hurt or caught. I better face the music." She rolled out of bed and grabbed her clothes. We drove in silence back to her car. Just the music of the radio. She kissed me tenderly before she got out of the car. "Promise."

"I promise on this Monday evening at 6.55 that I'll be careful and I'll call you later. I love you."

"Love you too." She kissed me one last time as she climbed out of the car. I followed behind her until we got to the crossroads. She turned left and I turned right.

When I made it home mom was stood in the back garden in silence. "Thank you honey." She wiped a tear from her face. "Its amazing." I ran inside and flipped the switch by the door. I heard her gasp as the fairy lights came on.

"All for you mom. Over the years I've been a pain in the ass, this is my way of saying sorry and I hope one day I can be the man my children deserve to call dad."

"Are you saying -"

"No mom. She's not pregnant."

"She's good for you. You seem to fit together. I like her."

"Me too mom, me too." We sat on the chairs enjoying the garden having a beer. I changed my mind about going out. Mom told me about some guy she's met at school, he's took her for lunch today and asked her on a date tomorrow.

"We should do something this weekend!" She clapped her hands together. "Sweetie, can you get hold of a barbeque? I think we should have one this Saturday. We can invite Brooke, your friends, Daniel and your aunties and uncles."

"Your wish is my command mother." A family barbeque, sounds awesome. We moved inside an hour later, I threw myself on the couch turning the TV channels over. Friends re-runs no thank you. "We were on a break!" I yelled the same time as Ross before turning over. I couldn't help but laugh as mom looked at me confused from the kitchen. Giving up I turned the channel to ESPN and watched a little WNBA highlights.

My phone rang from under a couch cushion. Without looking at caller I.D I answered the call.

"Ben's bitches, how can they service you?"

"Well, the question should be how can I service you."

"Shit Brooke I didn't check call I.D. Sorry." I cringed and punched a pillow. How could I be so stupid.

"Relax." She laughed. "It's cool. Oh cheer me up, my mother has just...ahh let's just leave it at that before I say things I won't regret. Oh god why can't I just live with you?" I smiled at the thought. "Can I?"

"What live with me?"

"Yeah, why not?"

I asked her to hold on a few minutes while I talked to my mom. I asked her, pleaded with her! She knew how unhappy Brooke was at home. With a sigh she gave me an answer.

"Baby?"

"Yeah I'm here Ben."

"Pack your stuff, I'll pick you up after school tomorrow."

"You're fucking kidding me?! Oh my - are you serious?!" She whisper yelled.

"Totes." I laughed, remembering her use of the word in the bar. "We can get our own place soon enough, I just wanna ... Well you know."

"I know. Ohmygod I can't wait... I love you."

****

I spent the whole day clearing the boxes of crap from my room. I made space in my wardrobe for her things. Kim and Kitty painted my walls a nice cream color. Stan hung the new curtains and Tommy dropped off an antqiue dressing table for her. We hung around my kitchen for a couple of hours killing the spare time until Brooke finishes school.

She had texted me this morning to tell me she had left her car at home and how excited she was. I was excited too. I'm the lucky guy who has won a million bucks! I get to wake up to the girl of my dreams every day. "You guys are coming on Saturday right?"

"Sure Benny Boo Boo, can't let you down can we?" Kitty pinched my cheeks like grandma does every christmas. I swotted her hands away and stood up. "Aww Ben we were just playing." She pouted her lip as the others laughed.

"Not funny, I'm going for my girl. Let yourselves out, I think she'll want a little time alone 'kay?" I grabbed my car keys and headed into the garage. When I got to the school, I saw the football team headed off to practice. A couple of cheerleaders followed bouncing on their toes, another slammed a door shut and screamed to the others. The door opened again and Brooke stepped out into the sunlight.

She slipped her Ray Bans over her eyes and smiled in my direction. She threw her bag in the back of the car and kissed me. Her gaze followed my eyes as I opened the car door for her. "Let's go home baby."

"Home."