When Worlds Collide - Chapter Nine

Brooke POV

I paced the entire house. Jenna was on a date and Ben was... Well doing his thing. He said he'd be back for one am at the latest. It was only a quarter after, but my stomach was tied up in knots with the fear. My phone beeped with a text message. I launched myself across the room and into our bedroom whispering please to myself over and over again.

'Turn around' was all it said. So I did. I turned around and standing at the door to the garage was my Ben. He smiled dangerously at me. "You asshole! You said one!" I yelled at him, smiling at him as he walked towards me.

"I was outside at five to. I saw you pacing." He smirked at me. "Now then, tonight I've been bad..." I raised an eyebrow at him and slowly turned to the bedroom, dropping my robe casually. "Oh Jesus forgive me." His voice was so husky with lust as I slowly licked my lips. Before I knew it I was thrown on the bed and being showered with hungry kisses all over my body.

****

I checked my phone again. Still no calls or messages from my parents. They just don't care. I checked my last message from Josh. 'I understand, love you sis x'. Sure it had only been three days since I left home and quit school, but I missed my brother.

The barbeque tomorrow was going to be fun. I couldn't wait to see everyone. I rolled over to look at Ben. He smiled and mumbled my name in his sleep. In this moment I was so thankful for deciding to go to the mall. For driving the way I never drove. For choosing to get out of my car in front of this small house.

For not actually having any pepper spray.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of fresh fruit mixed with flowers. On the beautiful dressing table was a small tray with a bunch of lillies, a glass of water and a bowl of fruit. A small note was folded over next to the flowers. 'Gone for a last minute store dash - stay beautiful, love you xx'

After eating my fruit in bed, I had a shower. Jenna and Dan were home before Ben which made me nervous. Dan was an English lecturer. We had a long discussion on books, he was a nice guy. Another hour passed, how long did it take to buy extra food that we don't need!

By two o'clock I'd left him countless voicemails, text messages... With a brave face and false smile I excused myself to the bedroom to change. It was a beautiful late summers afternoon, I chose a pale green dress that flowed out at my knees and matching heels. A few extra curles were added to my hair. With the finishing touches of my diamond earrings from my sixteenth birthday, I was done.

People were everywhere, I let out a yelp of surprise when Stan spun me around. "You look divine darling, a vision of heaven!" I giggled and blushed. "Where's Ben? I have to tell him once again just how gorgeous you are."

"You tell me. He wasn't here when I woke up, and now the house is full of people and he's still not here." I shrugged. As if by magic the door opened, his eyes scanned the room. Once he saw me he smiled. He turned behind him and gestured for someone to come in. Josh.

He smiled when he saw me. I pushed my way to the door and wrapped my arms around my brother. "What are you doing here?"

"I bumped into Ben at the store. I was getting groceries for Janae and he told me about the barbeque. I asked how you were and he invited me along to see for myself. You look so happy."

"I am." Ben wrapped his arms around my waist. "Jenna and Dan are outside." He let me go and kissed my cheek. "Come and meet everyone." I grabbed my brothers hand and led him through the crowd.

****

The party died down late that night. Me, Ben and Josh were sitting around one of the tables by candlelight talking about our plans for the future. Kim and Kitty grabbed my hands and dragged me away to dance. After a Justin Timberlake song and three Britney's I fell back into my chair.