Scenario #8

I hummed a lullaby quietly as momma braided my hair. I carried my dolls around the space in front of me as the handsome prince chased after the lovely princess.

The fireplace warmed our house and protected us from the cold outside. I had asked momma where papa was. He hasn't come home yet and he's never late. She simply told me he would be here soon.

The prince had caught up to the princess and they were about to live happily ever after when the door suddenly burst open. I screamed in fear as men dressed in black marched through our doorway one by one.

"Maddie, come here dear."

Momma pulled me behind her as a scary man came towards us. Like the rest, he wore all black and his whole face was hidden from sight minus his eyes. His eyes that were so dark you would think they were black. He looked at me as I hugged my momma's leg and something shimmered in them as he looked at my momma.

I began to cry at all the scary people in black as they crowded around us in our living room. The man said something to momma, but I couldn't hear over the sound of my own crying. They carried on talking as I continue to cry. Suddenly I was being pulled away from behind my mother causing me to scream and cry out.

"Momma!!! Momma, help!!"

I began to cry harder as the man wrapped his arms around my mother as she tried to reach for me. Tears were streaming down her face as I was carried out of our house.

Outside people have crowded around and were giving me weird looks as I was carried to who-knows-where. A body came into view as I flailed around in the stranger's arms. A body that made me go limp and quiet from shock as I stared into those recognizable brown eyes and watched as blood continued to flood around him.

"Papa?" I whispered as the shock passed over and the heart-wrenching pain took its place.

"Papa!!!! Papa please!!!! Please, Papa!!! Wake up!!!! Momma!!!! Papa!!!!"

I screamed and screamed but no one answered.

Then suddenly. Everything was blank.

•••
*369 words*

-XxxReadingFanaticxxX (•~•)