Chapter 7

I tried to get my mind off everything but I couldn't. Because now I don't know what to do. In less that a week I saw my dead mother, left my sister and best friend, but before it... I made a deal with a devil and friended a killer that was supposed to kill me and my sister. What a life I've lived for not even a week. I'm almost afraid. Afraid of what my new life will be like and why it has to come to this. But I have to March on. Or I might die.

"Is something wrong Mai?" I turned my head to see that Sally stood next to me. She looked worried.

I smiled. "Uh, ya! Ya, everything's fine!" I gave her a huge smile but she new I was lying. "Fine, in school Mira asked me if I would go into the talent show." I sighed. "Now that I think about it I want to. So that I can make it up to her. My sister was even going to come." I saw Sally smile and giggle.

"Maybe I can distract them for you." I gasped. Then smiled. I was about to refuse till she stopped me. "No, you will. I promise. But you have to sign up and everything." I nodded.

"Yea, I've only been gone for a few days anyway. I bet they would just think I was sick." She nodded in agreement.

"And you should find a really pretty dress, I'll scare someone so you can get one." She smiled.

"Uh, no. That's fine. Maybe I can just buy one."

"With what money?" I sighed after she said that.

"Yea, your right. Alright. Well, fine. But only for this. But don't hurry, I still need to sign up and everything without anyone seeing me "

"Ya, right. Okay, well. It's only.." Suddenly she disappeared for a few seconds then came back. "School is still in session. Go, run, go to school!" I laughed.

"I never thought anyone would say that." I whispered as I ran out and jumped out the window. I turned around looking for what way I should go. I've only been hear for what, two, three days? Sounds about right.

"Follow me." I turned half way around to see Sally slowly running away. I began running to catch up to her. I slowed down then she picked up speed. I quickened and I finally found my full way after she left.

I led myself to the school. It was light outside but I wore a black jacket and green dress. I hid my face under my hood and ran inside. I quickly ran to the office and saw the lady was gone so I headed for the principals office. At least he was there.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" I smiled and pulled of the black hood.

"It's me, Mai. Mai Higurashi. I have a question," he seemed almost afraid that I was hear now but I quickly came up with a lie. "I moved, but I want my best friend to see me one last time, on stage. That's why I want to ask if I can sign up for the talent show." I managed to smile.

He leaned up on the desk and began to speak. "I'm fine with that but you have to tell me what your talent is I have to see if I can let you in." I nodded. "What do you do?"

I smiled as big as Jeff's is, probably smaller but it felt like it. "I sing." My voice chipped as I said sing.

"Alright then, amuse me." I nodded and thought of a song.

"Your magic, white rabbit, has left it's wrighting on the wall, we fallow like Alice, and just keep diving down the hole!" I saw him lighten up. He seemed to like my singing, good. "You can't, fix your broken promise, our ties have come undun. I will not be used to-" (the sing is white rabbit by Egypt central.)

"Stop. Your great. Your in. But one thing," I blinked and cocked my head.

"You have to hurry and get ready because it's in only a week." I gasped.