Chapter 9

What is he happy about? Happy to leave? Happy that I was watching him? What? It's bugging me so much I can't think strait. My head feels numb to the skull and my thoughts are traveling everywhere. I can't stand it! Why? Why I cannot stand it is because I'm facing the fact that I'm friends with a murderer. A huge one. Known just about anywhere. Me, a small girl who lives with the curse of death by the one I am calling friend. Does he plan to kill me? Or my sister? How about if he just leaves us alone. I can't stand it anymore. Everthing he's done kills me inside! I had to leave my sister, best friend and move in with monstrous beings. Killers.

I wondered alone that night and ended up passing out from running to much. I ran around, everywhere. I never relized how wonderful the woods are at night when you're actually alowed to go in them. When I was with mother and sister I wasn't allowed in the woods because of the curse. But now I have more freedom. It's wonderful. I love it, feeling the cold wind hit your face as you run. But it is cold. Very cold. But right now... it's rather warm.

As my eyes open I feel sick to my stomach as I smell the thick sent of blood rush to me. As if opening my eyes started up a death riot.

I ignored the smell but covered my nose with a blanket. A black blanket that was placed on top of me. A light shone not from the broken bulb on the ceiling, but from the window. The risen sun shone in threw the broken window and strait onto the bed I have been placed on. As if it was a clock.

But my eyes felt heavy and I didn't wish to move. My sleepy eyes closed once again. But I didn't fall back asleep. Instead I lifted my tired arms up and rubbed my eyes. Then I began to slowly arise. I yawned while I swung my legs over the stiff bed I had slept on. But I don't remember being placed there.

"So, you're awake now?" A deep grim voice came from in a corner of the room.

I swiftly turn my head to the right. Only to see Jeff sitting in a broken chair. One of the front legs was gone and he used one of his legs to hold it up while he sat on it. His grim smile pierced my eyes and sent a shiver in my spine.

"Yeah." I tried to speak with pride but it turned out to be a whisper. "I am awake now. Is there something wrong with that?" I grew from a child's whisper to a adults growl in a few seconds. This guy really pisses me off.

"No. Nothing wrong with it." He stared out the window. "Other than the fact I have to make sure you don't leave again."

Seriously? "So..." I giggled, "like a babysitter?"

His face still looked out the window but his soulless eyes traveled to me. "Yeah. I guess you can say that. And be glad it's only me. Jack would have been the one if not me. And he might have taken an organ."

I rolled my eyes not wanting to listen to his voice anymore. Sighing, I arose from the bed and stood up. I stretched my arms up in the air and twisted my upper body from side to side. My back popped, which made me feel less stiff. I have him one more quick look before I turned away and headed for the door.

Every step I took made a creaking sound in the floor boards. As I reached the door I could hear more steps from behind me. He really is going to follow me.

I grabbed the door knob and pushed the door open. I was led into a hallway. No one in it, of course. But a few other doors as well that I bet lead to sleeping monsters who wouldn't give a second thought on killing me if I woke them up.

My feet felt like they were not even a pound as I slowly (ever so slowly) walked down the hall. My hands rubbing against the wall as if it were protection. Even though I know that the creeping wouldn't stop I still did what I could to be slow, no sound. Well, that didn't work very well.

"Hurry up." I heard Jeff mumble and he grabbed my arm, pulling me into a strict walk. "You take forever. If you don't want to wake them up then hurry and go." He didn't even bother to whisper, which frightened me a bit. He could have easily woken one of the beasts up.

He pulled me all the way down the hall, down the stairs and to the kitchen were he pushed on my shoulder to make me fall into a creaky chair that wobbled as well.

I watched as he searched the cabinets. And of coarse there really was nothing but broken bear bottles and dead, or alive, rats. And if my nose is correct (and they way he is avoiding one of the cabinets) there had to be something half eat in one of them. Something rotting. Like a arm or something. Probably a kidney Jack never ate or is saving.

I had traveled off into my thoughts about the cabinet that he never searched. In till I heard Jeff growl. Like something wasn't going the way he wanted.

"Ahh!" He moaned and turned to me. "Dammit. I have to go get you food. And don't say you're not hungry, I am forced to feed you. So, stay hear. If anyone comes into hear tell them that I was getting you food. And don't leave. Got it?" He was serious. I could sense he would probably kill me if I did leave.

I simply nodded a bunch with a smirk. "Okay!" I said rather cheerfully so he couldn't hear how much I wanted to move around, look in the cabinet and how much I'm afraid of anyone who may come down hear and see me. Thinking I may be a good meal.

Before I said anything else he was gone. I didn't even see him leave. But then again, I wasn't looking at him. No sound came from anywhere as I sat alone. A fridge was strait in front of me and a window to it's left with a sink underneath the window. Outside was nothing but trees, bark, bushes and light. Next to the window were cabinets and a microwave. Yes, a microwave. But this one seemed not to work. It was nothing really. But inside was covered with crusted red blood. They must have stuffed a poor rat in there or something. No doubt it was something alive. And small patches of thick brown fur was stuck on the sides, like it was glued on by the blood. And below all of that was a garbage. With nothing in it.

I sighed. A deep depressing sigh. I crossed my left leg over my right and crossed my arms over one another as I leaned back in the chair.

I thought of my sister and what she's doing. Why Slendy put me in Jeff's care and more other stuff that I thought of but I trailed into a deep thought. Nothing moved around me. Not a sound. Everything was quite. I hate it.

But to my luck, it didn't last all to long. Footsteps began stomping into the kitchen. My thought trailed that it would be Jeff but nope.

This time. It's Jack. Of course.

His hood still over his head but brown hair stuck out. As usual. His blue mask covered his face and his gloves covered his hands. I've never seen him without his mask off. And I wonder what it would be like.

He stomped to the cabinet that Jeff didn't look into. I stared wide eyed as he opened it up. Only to reveal a half eaten kidney, piece of a rotting heart and a green eye that rolled around. I watched as he pulled out the rotting heart. He pulled it close to his mouth and grabbed his mask with his other hand, about to lift it up or off to eat.

But he stopped. I heard him sigh as he gently placed the heart back were it was. A light sigh took him in as he slowly closed the cabinet. Then he began to turn around.

And for a second, I didn't mind he was hear. In till he faced strait towards me. With no eyes. No expression. But I could tell he was staring at me.

I blinked a few times.

"Uh..." He pointed at me with his gloved hand. "How long have you been there?" His voice was uncertain but secure. No hint of worry.

"The whole time." I smiled. "Why didn't you eat it?" That was a stupid question.

I could tell that he is smiling. Nothing on him moved, I could just sense it. It's a creepy feeling really. And his new words were grim. "Because," he paused and took a few steps closer to me, "I smelled something much better then just a half rotting heart."